PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2009, 12:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Eclipsi01 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Dummies guide to CAB extraction?

I would like to extract certain programs from different ROMs for loading at another time. I've read over procedures in the past but they didn't quite sink in.

Anyone have a Dummies guide to CAB extraction?
Old 03-04-2009, 12:18 AM
Livin' Dangerously
Pocket PC: Evo!/TOUCHPRO2/ ALSO TOUCH PRO
Carrier: PPCGEEKS SPRINT JUST HELPS ME CALL PEOPLE.

SBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to SBR_L3GION Send a message via Yahoo to SBR_L3GION
Re: Dummies guide to CAB extraction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipsi01 View Post
I would like to extract certain programs from different ROMs for loading at another time. I've read over procedures in the past but they didn't quite sink in.

Anyone have a Dummies guide to CAB extraction?
if the program is in a ROM it is normally an OEM unless it is installed in customizations then it is in an OEM folder. I cant really answer this thoroughly unless I know where your at in extracting the program.

If I have helped you out or you enjoy my work please feel free to donate.

Helpful ROM cooking Info

How To: Registry edit to .cab
Old 03-04-2009, 03:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBR_L3GION View Post
if the program is in a ROM it is normally an OEM unless it is installed in customizations then it is in an OEM folder. I cant really answer this thoroughly unless I know where your at in extracting the program.
Let's say I have no clue how to extract the CAB from the OEM. Is that ok?
Old 03-04-2009, 10:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Anyone?
Old 03-05-2009, 12:28 AM
Livin' Dangerously
Pocket PC: Evo!/TOUCHPRO2/ ALSO TOUCH PRO
Carrier: PPCGEEKS SPRINT JUST HELPS ME CALL PEOPLE.

SBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to SBR_L3GION Send a message via Yahoo to SBR_L3GION

Quote:
ok not to be rude but that post helped me know exactly where you are at. A .cab is a program that you install after a flash. An OEM is a program that is cooked inot a ROM. my best advice at this point is to determine what the app is and search for it because you will have to learn about disassembling ROMs finding the OEM and all its parts then compiling it into a cab which depending on how quick a learner you are may be a quite long process.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-06-2010, 07:31 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: ex TP2-->now Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

code_311 is a n00b

Yeah, I know this is an old post! I was wondering the same thing though.

I was wanting to see if i could extract the programs from the TP2tweaks.CAB so that I can use some of them on the VZW6.5 stock rom, because the TP2tweeks doesn't yet work with 6.5 but i like some of the features.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:03 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Moved to the Touch Pro forum.

In my sig is on of the many tutorials on how to turn a cab into an OEM.

Old 03-07-2010, 01:16 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

iirc you can get oem-to-cab program from www.ppckitchen.com you can dump roms into kitchen to get the oem files and a bit of a search at ppckitchen and xda will show how to dump roms that are locked and undumpable. also if you install a rom on your device open file explor and open root (pressing up softkey till it greys out) and open windows folder. all the cabs that install during customize stage are in that folder, just copy and paste to sd card. doing that every flash will give you a long list over time. in tp2 forum there is a couple cab threads full of cabs that work on the tp. tptweaks is in one thread listed as hdtweaks and hdsoftreset is in that cab.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro (VZW)
Carrier: Verizon

Asphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwhre View Post
iirc you can get oem-to-cab program from www.ppckitchen.com you can dump roms into kitchen to get the oem files and a bit of a search at ppckitchen and xda will show how to dump roms that are locked and undumpable. also if you install a rom on your device open file explor and open root (pressing up softkey till it greys out) and open windows folder. all the cabs that install during customize stage are in that folder, just copy and paste to sd card. doing that every flash will give you a long list over time. in tp2 forum there is a couple cab threads full of cabs that work on the tp. tptweaks is in one thread listed as hdtweaks and hdsoftreset is in that cab.
There really is no reason to try to rip a rom and then cab up a package...
Just search for the program either here or at XDA and you will find the original cab that the packages were made from!

A lot less work than dumping a rom and converting packages! Especially since you won't have to burn a ton of hard drive space for packages you don't intent to convert.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro