PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2009, 01:07 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Magnetic Belt Clip/Holster

I was wondering why HTC decided to go with the velco belt holster for the Touch Pro as opposed to something easier to work like a button or whatever.

I really liked my Mogul holster with the magnetic stap as it made getting to the phone a snap. However i read that HTC decided not to go with the magnetic strap for the Touch Pro because it could interfere with the stylus auto on operation. The thing is i tried using the holster but my phone never randomly turns or even when im taking out or putting back the phone.

Now I cant think of any reason besides the stylus operation that could be affected by the holster magnet, and it doesnt seem like it would cause any permanent damage to phones as the mogul never had issues with it. Its also not as if the magnets would lose power or whatever since proximity to other magnets dont affect the power of the magnets in the span of years. Im just wondering is there something Im missing here? Or are magnets really ok, but HTC was just being precautious. Doubt they were being stingy since most of the other accessories seem to be of relative high quality.

Last edited by Darkjedi; 01-23-2009 at 01:10 PM.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:22 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Magnetic Belt Clip/Holster

I had a case, 17-3462, for my diamond from radioshack. It had two magnets that were kinda strong, when I pulled my phone out the phone acted as though I had pulled my stylus out. Then one I have now is a 17-4139, Not on our website, but it's also magnetic and I have no issues with it....

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

eldersoul is keeping up the good workeldersoul is keeping up the good workeldersoul is keeping up the good work

I picked up the HTC brand case for this phone at best buy for $30 (I know, I paid too much but I was in a hurry to protect my baby) but if you can find it elsewhere for cheaper I HIGHLY recommend it. Fits perfect, Soft felt interior, Not to snug and not too loose, Heavy magnets and good quality leather. I think with the magnets it is all about position because the case I carried for my vx6800 had far weaker magnets that would cause my phone to hang up on the caller the moment I removed it from the case. These magnets are more centered and cause no ill effect. You can view it from best-overpriced-buy here.

Phone

Sprint
PPC-6600

Verizon
Samsumg i760
HTC VX6800 - Mogul
HTC VX6850 - Touch Pro
HTC VX6875 - Touch Pro 2

Feathered Access -
Free Live Mobile Television On The Go!
http://featheredaccess.com
Old 01-23-2009, 01:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

This subject keeps starting arguments, but it's really no big deal.

I had a case with quite strong magnets that I used for my old Titan & it worked perfectly. When I got the TouchPro, the two phones where close enough in size that I started using the same case for the TP.

The magnetic case caused the TP to answer (& occasionally disconnect) an incoming call as I tried to remove it from the case. It took me probably two weeks to figure out what was going on. At that point, I had another case that was virtually identical except it was a Velcro flap model (& I hated that). I hated the Velcro setup, but the phone worked perfectly in that case (& it was a LOT harder to open that flap than the magnetic one)

I now use PocketShield to lock the phone now & I'm 95% sure if I had been using it back then that I never would have had the problem. I wanted to test that out but I can't find the magnetic case & I don't really care anyway.

Other than being slightly annoying, I don't think it was doing any damage whatever & with a proper lock it probably never would have happened anyway.

~John
Old 01-23-2009, 02:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldersoul View Post
I picked up the HTC brand case for this phone at best buy for $30 (I know, I paid too much but I was in a hurry to protect my baby) but if you can find it elsewhere for cheaper I HIGHLY recommend it. Fits perfect, Soft felt interior, Not to snug and not too loose, Heavy magnets and good quality leather. I think with the magnets it is all about position because the case I carried for my vx6800 had far weaker magnets that would cause my phone to hang up on the caller the moment I removed it from the case. These magnets are more centered and cause no ill effect. You can view it from best-overpriced-buy here.
Any one interested in this case it's $7.99 right now at Newegg (HTC 82024)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...ion-_-75999362

I'm thinking I might give it a try at that price...

Old 01-23-2009, 02:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

eldersoul is keeping up the good workeldersoul is keeping up the good workeldersoul is keeping up the good work

That is an excellent deal. I HIGHLY recommend this case.
Old 01-24-2009, 03:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

smotrs knows their stuffsmotrs knows their stuffsmotrs knows their stuffsmotrs knows their stuffsmotrs knows their stuffsmotrs knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to smotrs

I went with the Body Glove case shown in the attached. Picked it up at the Sprint store located in the mall. Can also order it straight from Body Glove or wmexperts or similar sites.

Yeah, I know it shows an iPhone in the picture. I questioned it as well but found it at the store with the same model number (9068803), tried it and it fits like a glove on the Touch Pro.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2701.jpg (61.8 KB, 49 views) Click for barcode!
Old 01-29-2009, 10:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Sprint SERO

kilmarac is becoming a great contributor

Personally, I picked up a foneGEAR Nylon case from Wal-Mart for $10. First week or so it was a little tight around my mogul, but it stretched nicely and works perfectly for me. I still have it and am using it for my TP as well. Great thing is that it has an opening on the bottom. On the mogul, the usb port being a little offcenter meant I had to tilt it a bit if I wanted to charge it in the case, but with the TP in the center, its perfect. Best of all, when you flip up the flap, theres a little pocket in the front where you can put extra stylus or smaller items. I stuffed a set of headphones in there at one point. Walmarts inventory is iffy, but you get get it for $12 from the foneGear website it is called #00661 Universal LG Heavy Duty Nylon Case - Black " Suitable for large BlackBerry, Treo, iPhone or other "smart"-phones. "

Best $10 Ive spent.

Last edited by kilmarac; 01-29-2009 at 10:41 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro