PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2009, 08:46 PM
BfA
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

BfA is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Some General "How To" Questions

FYI I'm on Telus as that might matter for a few questions. I looked at the essentials post and couldn't see relevant answers to these questions.

1) GPS. I know it's been asked before but I'm not sure which instructions are best to follow because when I searched I found a bunch of different answers. I dl'd Google Maps and then it just says searching for satellites and never finds any. Just wonder how to get that working.
- I'm on Telus so I'm sur

2) Not sure what it's called, but on some screens there's that little icon on the right hand side of the upper bar that lets you switch between open programs. However, it doesn't show up all the time. Does anyone know how to get it to show up all the time?

3) Does anyone know how to automatically add a 1 to any INCOMING calls? I'm gonna seriously loose it when I go to dial a number and I keep getting that lady saying that call can't be made in my area. This happens because the incoming calls DON'T have a 1 in front of them for some reason, even though:
- each contact is setup with a 1 in front of their number
- in phone services I already have automatic prepend set to enable

4) Automatic weather updates are f'n useless. Does anyone know how often they're set to update when I have it set to automatic update? It seems that I'm having to wait everytime the weather screen shows up so it can update the weather which makes the automatic updates useless. I'd like it to automatically update every 30mins or so.

5) Can you disable the software keyboard only when the hardware keyboard is slid out? That way I can't accidentally hit that button and have the keyboard pop up.

6) Voice call volume level - I'd like to know how to turn down the voice volume when I'm in a call. I've tried turning down the system volume but that doesn't seem to make any difference. Is there a certain way to turn down the volume?

7) When I have my headphones plugged in I can hit the power button to turn the screen off which helps me save batteries. When I don't have headphones plugged in though if I hit the power button it turns off the music and the screen. Is there anyway to be able to turn off the screen but have the music continue playing?

Does anyone know of a cab for Canadian cities to be easily added to the weather database? I loaded the one below but only figured out afterward it was from the states so now I have Paris AZ, London KY and Seattle WA instead of Calgary, Vancouver and Kelowna. DOH!
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=463
Old 01-17-2009, 08:59 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07
Re: Some General "How To" Questions

For #3, go to settings, phone, services, down to plus code dialing, then make sure North America is enabled.. I hope and think this will solve this issue...

For #6, push the volume keys up or down while you are in a call...

For #8, I am not sure of a cab... But this might work...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-17-2009, 09:14 PM
BfA
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

BfA is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel07 View Post
For #3, go to settings, phone, services, down to plus code dialing, then make sure North America is enabled.. I hope and think this will solve this issue...
- It is already set to enabled with international dialing code set to 011, tried disabling and re-enabling and still didn't work

Quote:
For #6, push the volume keys up or down while you are in a call...
- Ya that's what I though and have tried it multiple times for both 'system' and 'ring'. Even with no volume on the system setting I can still hear a persons voice.

Quote:
For #8, I am not sure of a cab... But this might work...
- Thanks, I saw that earlier but am a bit lazy right now, was just hoping someone might've cabbed a Canadian version. I'll prolly end up doing it manually later though.
Old 01-17-2009, 09:17 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

Ahh... Sorry I could not be of more help.. Good luck!
Old 01-17-2009, 09:42 PM
BfA
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

BfA is a n00b

No worries, thanks for trying!
Old 01-22-2009, 03:22 AM
BfA
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

BfA is a n00b

Hoping someone else might have some ideas...
Old 01-22-2009, 12:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Regarding item #4, I assume you're talking about the TF3d weather tab. Automatic updates seem to run when you enter the tab. So upon going to weather, it should update then.

I am not sure if you can change this, but it makes sense as automatically updating weather every so often connects to data, so polling the weather updates will be a battery drain.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-22-2009, 05:47 PM
BfA
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

BfA is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilray View Post
Regarding item #4, I assume you're talking about the TF3d weather tab. Automatic updates seem to run when you enter the tab. So upon going to weather, it should update then.

I am not sure if you can change this, but it makes sense as automatically updating weather every so often connects to data, so polling the weather updates will be a battery drain.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong!
Thanks, that makes sense. Would be cool if they had a way to toggle this setting to update either each time the pane was opened or every set time span.
Old 01-22-2009, 05:48 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

For the phone thing you want to enable automatic prepend.. which automaticaly puts a 1 in front of long distance numbers...
Start/Settings/Phone/Services scroll to Automatic Prepend and click enable.

wait you already said you have that.. so are you getting errors when you try to return a call?

#2 the thing is called taskmanager.. not sure how to get it to show up in all screens but I just hit my home button then access it to switch tasks.

Last edited by eenieMINI; 01-22-2009 at 05:51 PM.
Old 01-22-2009, 05:53 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO
Carrier: Alltel

duanevw is a n00b

YES there is a setting for weather its in the settings on the slider or in the weather options set no to AUTO.

Hope this helps I believe it stops it from connecting also until you hit update weather also..........

Duane mI
Laserdisc Tech

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro