PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   How do i relock a hacked sprint htc touch pro ? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=54462)

richardcard82 01-23-2009 04:28 AM

How do i relock a hacked sprint htc touch pro ?

I hacked a sprint htc touch pro to work on vzw I was successful but I need to relock it..... I already uploaded a stock sprint ROM but it still shows the verizon logo when starting.... what do i need to do to relock and sell it so someone can activate on sprint again?

O'Neil Mitchell 01-23-2009 06:37 AM

Re: How do i relock a hacked sprint htc touch pro ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by richardcard82 (Post 660544)
I hacked a sprint htc touch pro to work on vzw I was successful but I need to relock it..... I already uploaded a stock sprint ROM but it still shows the verizon logo when starting.... what do i need to do to relock and sell it so someone can activate on sprint again?

The Relocker can be found here,
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42503

ruskiyab 01-23-2009 10:41 AM

Just because the verizon splashscreen shows up, doesn't mean it can't be activated with sprint

aceracer24 01-23-2009 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richardcard82 (Post 660544)
I already uploaded a stock sprint ROM but it still shows the verizon logo when starting.... what do i need to do to relock and sell it so someone can activate on sprint again?

Make sure you flash with the shipped rom (.exe) not the dumped rom. That usually clears up the odd issues with left over splash screens.

richardcard82 01-23-2009 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aceracer24 (Post 660855)
Make sure you flash with the shipped rom (.exe) not the dumped rom. That usually clears up the odd issues with left over splash screens.

you were right! I installed a shipped sprint rom and it doesnt show vzw splash screen! thanks bro! im gonna relock!

Pirtle36 08-19-2009 12:45 PM

I uploaded the shipped sprint stock rom, and wondering is there anything else that I have to do to lock the phone or is it taken care of in the proccess of putting the stock rom back on the phone. I checked to see if the tri-colored screen said security locked by trying to put another stock rom on and it allowed me to. What am I doing wrong? I am selling my phone and need it to be just like I bought it.

juicy_juice 10-12-2009 02:28 PM

I just relocked my phone (sprint HTC TP) and then updated it with newest software from HTC. When It's installing the update it says Security Unlocked at the top of the screen just like it did when installing custom ROMS? I dont want to return this phone just to be denied due to this...how can I tell for sure it's locked?

RobsOnLine 10-12-2009 10:00 PM

I loaded the Sprint Shipped ROM (exe), and it still connects to Verizon. Do I still need to do something else to return this to the Sprint Network?

razorloves 10-13-2009 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juicy_juice (Post 1232033)
I just relocked my phone (sprint HTC TP) and then updated it with newest software from HTC. When It's installing the update it says Security Unlocked at the top of the screen just like it did when installing custom ROMS? I dont want to return this phone just to be denied due to this...how can I tell for sure it's locked?

the touch pro always says Security Unlocked on the bootloader screen. Just ignore that. To know if its locked, you have to look at the spl version on the bootloader screen.
0.37.0000 = locked
0.37.cmonex = unlocked

razorloves 10-13-2009 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobsOnLine (Post 1233064)
I loaded the Sprint Shipped ROM (exe), and it still connects to Verizon. Do I still need to do something else to return this to the Sprint Network?

If it's a sprint branded touch pro, then dial ##RTN# and enter your msl then click menu then reset. That should wipe out all the verizon settings and return it to sprint settings.