PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2009, 05:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

pierhogunn is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How do I Use Sprint Touch Pro as a Modem

look for the cab that modifies your registry to enable the sharing / tethering, and then look for wmwifirouter.

wmwifirouter aint freeware, but it has a 21 day trial, and is like internet sharing for dummies

Dan
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-23-2009, 07:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

henbone11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhenbone11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhenbone11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeegcpp View Post
well, before this is closed, i just wanna say chill, man. every1 knows our primary goal here is to seek, share, and HELP. 98% of the people on here were new at some time. this site is just like a neighborhood. when someone new moves in, they dont know how things are run in the neighborhood. until TIME passes, then they learn how the "PPCGeekers" do. besides, blasting on new people gets old. just shed a little light on the subject for them, then all will be good. PEACE

not for nothing, but this has nothing to do with being new. it has to do with being lazy. not checking back a couple of pages of threads or not using search. quit coddling lazy people and shrouding their laziness with newness. please.

I read threads here for months before posting the first time. I am not saying that everyone should do it like that, but it wouldnt hurt for people to read a little more and stop being so damn lazy.

btw, 100% of people on here were new at some point. not sure how you arrived at 98%. I guess the other 2% were just born knowing everything. good for them.
Old 01-23-2009, 07:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

heartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuff

It appears that he has searched but he has still been unsuccessful in getting this to work so I would cut him a break. Install the ICS cab I have attached soft reset and you should be good to go I will attach wmwifirouter aswell just in case, its a very useful piece of software.

Attached Files
File Type: zip InternetCabs.zip (1.89 MB, 95 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint ppc
Threadstarter

jpcboca is a n00b

I owe this fix to Skeegcpp for encourging me to have fun and not give up. Here is the the fix with all of the components for the "Non-Geek". I tried the Internet Share Fix from the link above and it did not work for me and I lost the Connect ability with INS. I took Skeegcapp's advice and did a hard reset on the phone and started over. No problem for me with the HR I just got the phone, major FYI for others.

Start buy down loading for the free Reg Editor http://ceregeditor.mdsoft.pl/ Run the exe. Very easy to use for us Non-Geeks

Connect your phone via USB and click Connection and connect. This will show the Reg files on your phone.

Click Tools and Unlock Registry.

Now follow the Reg changes listed below:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing]
Extension="" Delete the "isext.dll" entry

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing\settings]
ForceCellConnection="Sprint PCS"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing]
MaxCMCon=0

2. Start the Internet Sharing application.
3. Hit Connect In the Internet Sharing application.
4. Connect the Diamond to the Laptop/PC via USB
5. Done. No other applications needs to run on the PC/Laptop.

For those of you that used to have to start the phone modem and then start the PC modem this does it all with the connect on the phone, VERY COOL.

Thank you all for putting up with me for 12 hours, (yeah it took that long for me to find stuffthat I could figure out how to use). I hope that this very easy fix can help others to have a life after TP Modem set up.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint ppc
Threadstarter

jpcboca is a n00b

If you read the thread since I first posted you will see that I did try and try and try for 12 hours. I must not be as smart as you but maybe someday. It was not that I did not look but what I found I did not under stand. After I finally did get it together and made it work I posted the step by step for Non-Geeks. And Skeegcpp gave me the best advice of everyone, have fun and dont be afraid to wipe out everything and start over.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by henbone11 View Post
not for nothing, but this has nothing to do with being new. it has to do with being lazy. not checking back a couple of pages of threads or not using search. quit coddling lazy people and shrouding their laziness with newness. please.

I read threads here for months before posting the first time. I am not saying that everyone should do it like that, but it wouldnt hurt for people to read a little more and stop being so damn lazy.

btw, 100% of people on here were new at some point. not sure how you arrived at 98%. I guess the other 2% were just born knowing everything. good for them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcboca View Post
I owe this fix to Skeegcpp for encourging me to have fun and not give up. Here is the the fix with all of the components for the "Non-Geek". I tried the Internet Share Fix from the link above and it did not work for me and I lost the Connect ability with INS. I took Skeegcapp's advice and did a hard reset on the phone and started over. No problem for me with the HR I just got the phone, major FYI for others.
need i say more Positive Energy Always Creates Elevation...all the time

Last edited by skeegcpp; 01-26-2009 at 02:25 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Also, someone/people had to think up and create this site(theres your 2%), remember, i said 98% on this site were new to this site. not new to PPCs period

Last edited by skeegcpp; 01-23-2009 at 09:27 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:54 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

true, my bad just have to remember to take it eazt sometimes. Im learning as I go too so..

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 01-24-2009, 09:33 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Working good for me..

Just plugged it into the ubuntu lappy, fired up ICS, and the lappy connected right up. Seems pretty snappy! Faster then the mogul for sure.
Old 01-24-2009, 09:50 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeegcpp View Post
well, before this is closed, i just wanna say chill, man. every1 knows our primary goal here is to seek, share, and HELP. 98% of the people on here were new at some time. this site is just like a neighborhood. when someone new moves in, they dont know how things are run in the neighborhood. until TIME passes, then they learn how the "PPCGeekers" do. besides, blasting on new people gets old. just shed a little light on the subject for them, then all will be good. PEACE
Yes but how can you help someone that wont help themselves first?
Dont we have FAQ's on how to use the forum. Wouldnt one start there?

The word and ideaoligy behind stickes doesnt ever catch ayone's eye? Serious: "Touch Pro FAQ's - READ BEFORE POSTING! (Last Update 1/10/09)"

Not following simple instructions is just as offensive to me as it is to you when you see a noob get blasted. Which by the way, didint happen here. We have all seen it MUCH MUCH worse than this.

i agree, dont balst people but.... Give them the answers they seek and show them a better way.Try to do it in a non offensive manner. but realize what is offensive to one may not be to another......

One man's freedom fighter is another mans terrorist. Think about what that means in terms of perspective.

My two cents... No more or no less impoirtant than anyone elses.

Now if my new neighbor was knocing on my door and flashing lights in my winodws because he couldnt find his garage....... hehehehehe....

Please dont feel I am taking sides one way or another... But man, how many posts can we get about ICS?????????

Donations always accepted but never expected!

Last edited by scrosler; 01-24-2009 at 09:57 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro