PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Charging phone while talking? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=54449)

shostetler 01-23-2009 01:24 AM

Charging phone while talking?

I've had this problem creep up on me 3 times now. I'll come home and have 1 bar of battery left during a phone call and go plug my phone in. During the call the little plug-in is visible at the top, yet after a few minutes the phone will drop the call and have a msg saying low battery. I try to acknowledge the msg about low battery, but the call is cut off. When I try to call the person back the phone says it's turned off. So I have to go into the settings to turn it back on cause the airplane mode is somehow turned on. After this though the process will repeat itself during a call. The phone just refuses to charge during a call that is in progress already. Is there anything I can do to remedy this?

Unknown Zone 01-23-2009 01:55 AM

Re: Charging phone while talking?

does the phone start to get alittle warm/hot while charging on a call, if so there is a protected circuit that will stop the charging till the battery cools down.

remember you are using/wasting battery and trying to charge at the same time and that is putting a strain on the charging circuit which starts to heat the battery/phone up.

Dr.8820 01-23-2009 02:05 AM

this is a known issue.when the battery gets hot,you can not charge it,but wait about 1-5 mins. and then charge.

WarChild 01-23-2009 03:38 AM

take you phone and dip it into some water to cool it off.

shostetler 01-23-2009 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandWheeler (Post 660475)
take you phone and dip it into some water to cool it off.

I'll get right on that! Thank you! lol

dr g 01-23-2009 05:35 AM

this is the phone charging/overheating issue. unfortunately there's little you can do about it but try to keep the phone cool. which is hard when you have it up to you ear.

Rento_VW 01-23-2009 06:23 AM

What about using Artic silver on the internals... anyone want to take a hit for the team?

Wingzfan 01-23-2009 09:22 AM

So wait a sec, while I charge my TP and watch slingbox my battery will still drain? If thats the case its kinda messed up. I watch slingbox all day at work on the weekend and keep my phone plugged in. Is my phone going to die while watching TV?

blazinazn 01-23-2009 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wingzfan (Post 660728)
So wait a sec, while I charge my TP and watch slingbox my battery will still drain? If thats the case its kinda messed up. I watch slingbox all day at work on the weekend and keep my phone plugged in. Is my phone going to die while watching TV?

Yes, more than likely. It's to keep the battery from getting to hot and ax-ploding...Call it a feature, call it messed up. It is what it is unfortunately.

Wingzfan 01-23-2009 09:28 AM

well that would seem like a pretty big design flaw. I guess I keep forgetting this is actually a phone and not everything else I use it for.