PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   advanced config?? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=54440)

nimishpatel600 01-23-2009 12:29 AM

advanced config??

Boost TFL3D Performance –> Using Advanced Config, change File system cache to 8mb and file system filter cache to 131072
Tested and works a treat. TF3D is sluggish and prone to long pauses before tweak, much faster afterwards

Can anyone tell me how to get to this menu. Is it done through Regedit?

mikep7779 01-23-2009 12:38 AM

Re: advanced config??

Quote:

Originally Posted by nimishpatel600 (Post 660106)
Boost TFL3D Performance –> Using Advanced Config, change File system cache to 8mb and file system filter cache to 131072
Tested and works a treat. TF3D is sluggish and prone to long pauses before tweak, much faster afterwards

Can anyone tell me how to get to this menu. Is it done through Regedit?

Using advanced config, its an application.

kyle4269 01-23-2009 12:39 AM

Its under the Preformances tab once you get Advanced Config installed.

Unknown Zone 01-23-2009 01:24 AM

Not to scare you just wanted you to beaware AC has been known to cause issues with answering incoming calls with numerous members, due to a change in the reg settings.

example: calls comes in and you press answer etc...and the phone just keeps ringing and flashing.

kyle4269 01-23-2009 01:49 AM

Good to know Unknown! Thanks.

Deimoss 01-23-2009 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unknown Zone (Post 660264)
Not to scare you just wanted you to beaware AC has been known to cause issues with answering incoming calls with numerous members, due to a change in the reg settings.

example: calls comes in and you press answer etc...and the phone just keeps ringing and flashing.

Man, seriously Ive been seeing Advanced Config thrown around as the cause to answer call delay, when in fact the only program Ive found to have some reg option like that is Diamond Tweaks.

If you could name the option in advanced config that is the culprit, that would be much appreciated

WarChild 01-23-2009 03:32 AM

i stopped using AC was having more problems with than without. I use Resco reg edit.

Deimoss 01-23-2009 03:41 AM

I never ran into any problems with Advanced Config maybe due to the fact, i never changed any of the phone settings, data, bluetooth etc etc tweaks,

i see it useful for the performances change, Sip disable, maybe the WinMo oldschool dialpad, and rearranging TouchFlo tabs without another editor. I then uninstall it.

Diamond Tweaks on the other hand, has that option to disable call delay, which changs your registry for DATA to "GPRS" instead of the CDMA #777. In these cases the dialpad would lock up and not allow answering a call while it tried to detect settings, resulting in a) missed call b) confusiuon

Never had a call delay problem until i used Diamond Tweaks

WarChild 01-23-2009 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deimoss (Post 660483)
I never ran into any problems with Advanced Config maybe due to the fact, i never changed any of the phone settings, data, bluetooth etc etc tweaks,

i see it useful for the performances change, Sip disable, maybe the WinMo oldschool dialpad, and rearranging TouchFlo tabs without another editor. I then uninstall it.

Diamond Tweaks on the other hand, has that option to disable call delay, which changs your registry for DATA to "GPRS" instead of the CDMA #777. In these cases the dialpad would lock up and not allow answering a call while it tried to detect settings, resulting in a) missed call b) confusiuon

Never had a call delay problem until i used Diamond Tweaks

good to know

rjmjr69 01-23-2009 07:56 AM

Never had any of these issues with either app on a sprint tp