PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2009, 06:44 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07
Lightbulb Possible GPS Fix from HTC Soon

It looks like HTC is preparing to release a new ROM for the European Touch Pro.. The good news about all this? It seems they are aware of the GPS Lag we all tend to experience from... Below is a excerpt between a XDA member and HTC Europe about the issue...

Here's the detailed conversations from XDA-Developers:

Quote:
2008/12/31 11:01 (EU team) I understand that some users are having difficulties with a so called lag in the usage of Tomtom and Touch Pro. HTC does not have any upgrades in order to disable the lag of updating the position to the Tomtom application. Tomtom is indeed a third party application and I would therefore recommend you to contact them to see if they have any fixes for the so called lag issue

2009/01/21 16:11 (EU team) Dear Mr. Skaryd I just wanted to get back to you in order to see if you have gotten the GPS working better. I would also like to inform you that there will be a ROM upgrade available in the near future (1.19). Please feel free to get back to us at any time if you have any further questions or queries. Kind Regards Dave Montanya HTC Europe

2009/01/22 07:57 Alexandr Skaryd Hello, i got reply from TomTom, they claim the problem is not on their side, since they and other software producers like iGo etc are getting similar messages from users all over the world. The problem persists, it could be improved with some registry hacking apparently / as claimed on web, but i didn't try those. Anyway good to hear there is a rom update on the way.

2009/01/22 09:06 (EU team) Thank you for your reply, I have personally looked around on forums etc in order to see what the root of the issue is. Some claim that a registry change or a patch to the application (tomtom) will solve the lag issues. It doesn't seem like there is a universal solution as for now. I, myself is awaiting the new ROM as well for testing with GPS software. Feel free to get back to me if you get any further info. I'll get back to you if I find a great solution. Kind Regards Dave Montanya HTC Europe
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO
Carrier: EPRP 500

stevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Possible GPS Fix from HTC Soon

Oh they better fix it... As if the video performance issue isn't enough for such an expensive phone...
Old 01-22-2009, 06:48 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Threadstarter

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level

haha... True Ste
Old 01-22-2009, 06:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint - SERO

Alpine- is keeping up the good workAlpine- is keeping up the good work

Nice find, keep us updated. I use GPS a lot and its a life saver. Lag at 60mph really reduces reaction time
Old 01-22-2009, 06:54 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Threadstarter

That is so true Alp..
Old 01-22-2009, 07:36 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

i don't understand how they can't notice a lag of this magnitude. everybody across the board reports lag, and i haven't heard a single person say that they haven't experienced it. its consistently lagged, about 1 and a half to 2 blocks at 30mph, and it gets more lagged as you move faster. this is completely unacceptable. it baffles me when a company lets bugs like this exist. its like they didn't test the phone at all, they just assumed it would work when they sent it to production.

gps lag, video playback (or lack of), the inability to charge while on a call after a half hour, yellow screens, cracking chrome, discoloring battery covers, raised home keys, dpads completely separating from the device uneven keyboard light... these are just things that are off of the top of my head. they seriously need to test their devices a little bit more before sending them to us, because this isn't accpetable.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:46 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Threadstarter

All true ou2
Old 01-22-2009, 07:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO

04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ou2mame View Post
i don't understand how they can't notice a lag of this magnitude. everybody across the board reports lag, and i haven't heard a single person say that they haven't experienced it. its consistently lagged, about 1 and a half to 2 blocks at 30mph, and it gets more lagged as you move faster. this is completely unacceptable. it baffles me when a company lets bugs like this exist. its like they didn't test the phone at all, they just assumed it would work when they sent it to production.

gps lag, video playback (or lack of), the inability to charge while on a call after a half hour, yellow screens, cracking chrome, discoloring battery covers, raised home keys, dpads completely separating from the device uneven keyboard light... these are just things that are off of the top of my head. they seriously need to test their devices a little bit more before sending them to us, because this isn't accpetable.
wah, If they didn't send it out they would have people complaing that they aren't releasing anything new...
I don't know about you but I like the Pro, I hope they do fix the GPS because I don't like the lag either, but they are never going to release a "perfect" phone

BTW the only problem I have out of what you mentioned is the lag, and the KB light which I don't even notice while using it
Old 01-22-2009, 07:48 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Threadstarter

Also true 04o
Old 01-22-2009, 07:50 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04orgzx6r View Post
wah, If they didn't send it out they would have people complaing that they aren't releasing anything new...
I don't know about you but I like the Pro, I hope they do fix the GPS because I don't like the lag either, but they are never going to release a "perfect" phone

BTW the only problem I have out of what you mentioned is the lag, and the KB light which I don't even notice while using it
you never had the battery problem? ok do this. with a bluetooth headset, put your phone on the charger at about 50%. talk on it for about an hour. when it turns off, you've officially had a charging problem.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro