PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2009, 07:50 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07
Re: Possible GPS Fix from HTC Soon

That's the heating issue, no?
Old 01-22-2009, 07:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

miguelfp1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmiguelfp1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmiguelfp1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmiguelfp1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to miguelfp1

and also considering that a Diamond ROM update leaked not too long ago, it's not unreasonable to think that a Touch Pro update is coming soon, and even though the Diamond update didn't specifically address the GPS lag, we won't know for sure until they ship a final version...

If one of my posts helped you, don't forget to click !!
Old 01-22-2009, 07:56 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO
Carrier: EPRP 500

stevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I am still not sure where the GPS driver is... part of the Radio? Or something standalone? I tried Sprint's 1.11 Radio yet the GPS is still lagging.

Gaw-sh I just hope they fix the darn thing fast, at least the lag and video performance.

Now, should I buy that 3,000 mAh battery and turn my TP into a weapon or not...
Old 01-22-2009, 07:59 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

LOL, with that much power, it could be a portable difibulator!
Old 01-22-2009, 08:02 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Threadstarter

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level

Let's stay on subject please?
Old 01-22-2009, 08:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

Htc will continue to point the blame on 3rd party software until they release a new phone that fixes the issue, of corse breaking something else in the process.

Hate to say it but there are lots of "Technology Slow" people who claim that their gps is working perfectly. The people who don't notice the obvious lag are the reason why htc can claim ignorance on such an obvious problem. Call me pessimistic, but I believe that htc will never resolve this issue nor the heating issue. I believe that the gps lag is a hardware issue. Inferior gps chip when compared to the titan.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:05 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

thanks for the info, way to keep us informed!

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 01-22-2009, 08:08 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Threadstarter

Your welcome Naut
Old 01-22-2009, 08:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO
Carrier: EPRP 500

stevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I had a theory... My friend's Fuze has working FM radio, and according to him his GPS has very minimum lag after flashed the Touch HD's Radio, using the same navigation software (iGo . I have about average of 2.5 seconds delay where he has about average of 1 second.

So would it be a possibility where when they (Sprint or HTC) decided to disable the FM radio in the identical chip (from what I know the Bluetooth, FM and GPS is in the same physical chip), somehow it has an effect on the GPS performance?
Old 01-22-2009, 08:13 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Threadstarter

Always possible Ste... And that would make sense.. If it is a software disable, I could see it causing problems with the GPS... Great thought!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro