PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2009, 01:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Cioffi is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How to connect to internet without using WiFi

Which do i use HSDPA/GPRS/3G

My phone is not currently configured to do either so setup parameters would be appreciated!
Old 01-23-2009, 01:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Super Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

lmv7777 is keeping up the good worklmv7777 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to lmv7777
Re: How to connect to internet without using WiFi

which one do you have the sprint version or ATT fuze?

Diamond > Touch > Treo 700p > TOUCH PRO

If i helped. click "thanks"
Thanks!
Old 01-23-2009, 02:21 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

if he's running HSDPA/GPRS/3G he's probably on a GSM network, so probably AT&T. Unforunately I have the Sprint version so I don't know how much this applies to you, but in my Touch Pro theres a icon in the settings that says "Update Profile." I had my internet crap out on me, but after I reprovisioned it, it was fine. Theres a ## phone code to do this over the air, but since I don't use AT&T I don't know what it is. If you can't find information on either, call up AT&T and ask them to reprovision your data for you.

I don't think HSDPA is rolled out in the states for phones yet, though I could be wrong. I think the AT&T touch pros use normal 3G, though again, I could be wrong. GPRS is the wicked old school data connection that the first gen iPhones used.

Last edited by Darkjedi; 01-23-2009 at 02:24 PM.
Old 01-23-2009, 05:49 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Cioffi is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjedi007 View Post
if he's running HSDPA/GPRS/3G he's probably on a GSM network, so probably AT&T. Unforunately I have the Sprint version so I don't know how much this applies to you, but in my Touch Pro theres a icon in the settings that says "Update Profile." I had my internet crap out on me, but after I reprovisioned it, it was fine. Theres a ## phone code to do this over the air, but since I don't use AT&T I don't know what it is. If you can't find information on either, call up AT&T and ask them to reprovision your data for you.

I don't think HSDPA is rolled out in the states for phones yet, though I could be wrong. I think the AT&T touch pros use normal 3G, though again, I could be wrong. GPRS is the wicked old school data connection that the first gen iPhones used.
Firstly thanks for your help.

Im a British user of Touch Pro, so whether my model is the same as yours i do not know, all i know is that i cannot connect to the internet at all without wifi, when i pay top GBP for a phone i cant go on the internet with. most phones come with it pre installed!
Old 01-23-2009, 06:17 PM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cioffi View Post

Im a British user of Touch Pro, so whether my model is the same as yours i do not know, all i know is that i cannot connect to the internet at all without wifi, when i pay top GBP for a phone i cant go on the internet with. most phones come with it pre installed!
Yikes! Have you tried contacting your carrier?

Old 01-23-2009, 06:32 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:

Hmm... you don't have a connection in Start>Settings>Connections>Connections?

You would probably have better luck contacting your carrier. They may have to update your account or something along those lines.
Old 01-23-2009, 06:35 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Cioffi is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
Hmm... you don't have a connection in Start>Settings>Connections>Connections?

You would probably have better luck contacting your carrier. They may have to update your account or something along those lines.

i do have the tab Start>Settings>Connections>Connections?

but when i click on connections i get a list saying:

WAP
add a new modem connection
set up my proxy server
manage existing connections

My Work Network
Add a new modem connection
add a new VPN server connection
set up my proxy server

Many Thanks
Old 01-23-2009, 06:39 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
i do have the tab Start>Settings>Connections>Connections?

but when i click on connections i get a list saying:

WAP
add a new modem connection
set up my proxy server
manage existing connections

My Work Network
Add a new modem connection
add a new VPN server connection
set up my proxy server

Many Thanks
Yup, you need to contact your carrier. You have WAP where your internet connection should show up. They may need to instruct you on provisioning your phone for internet.
Old 01-23-2009, 06:49 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Cioffi is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
Yup, you need to contact your carrier. You have WAP where your internet connection should show up. They may need to instruct you on provisioning your phone for internet.
i will contact my carrier tomoro morning, what shall i ask them so that they no exactly what i am talking about

Kind Regards
Old 01-23-2009, 06:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: evo 4g
Carrier: boost

Isriam is keeping up the good workIsriam is keeping up the good work

Did you buy the phone from them, or from a 3rd party? Most european carriers don't sell phones just plans.

You will need to visit your carriers website and get the WAP connection settings and manually input them.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro