PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2009, 03:12 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

darnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Entering the letter "R" using full soft qwerty in Contacts makes a phone call.

Searching around I could not find a thread about this.

I use the full soft qwerty keyboard all the time. I've found, that if I go into "Contacts" and start typing the name of a person, if I happen to hit the letter "R" anytime during the name entry process using the full soft qwerty keyboard, immediately whatever contact is just under the "R" key is called by the phone.

So I can be in the process of typing in a name and suddenly the phone starts making a call just because I hit the letter "R" in the full soft qwerty keyboard while in "Contacts".

Has anyone else noticed this and have you found any means to resolve the issue?
Old 01-16-2009, 03:20 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

IrogSinta is a n00b
Re: Entering the letter "R" using full soft qwerty in Contacts makes a phone call.

I don't seem to have that problem with mine. Maybe you should try a soft reset.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:03 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

darnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuff
Re: Entering the letter "R" using full soft qwerty in Contacts makes a phone call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrogSinta View Post
I don't seem to have that problem with mine. Maybe you should try a soft reset.
Hi and thanks for the suggestion. I've tried soft resets already, it does not resolve this. I've had this issue since day 1 with my device. And my device resets nightly during backups.

I do have TouchPal now and it does not occur with TouchPal, but odd it occurs with the stock full soft qwerty. My device's build date is 12/10/2008.

For Touch Input Settings I have Spell Correction and Word Completion in T9 mode selected, none of the other options. I'm usually using ABC mode, but this occurs for me when trying T9 mode also.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:14 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G Network

Deimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnell View Post
Searching around I could not find a thread about this.

I use the full soft qwerty keyboard all the time. I've found, that if I go into "Contacts" and start typing the name of a person, if I happen to hit the letter "R" anytime during the name entry process using the full soft qwerty keyboard, immediately whatever contact is just under the "R" key is called by the phone.

So I can be in the process of typing in a name and suddenly the phone starts making a call just because I hit the letter "R" in the full soft qwerty keyboard while in "Contacts".

Has anyone else noticed this and have you found any means to resolve the issue?
Are you sure you used to "Search" function? Not to be rude, but its been discussed several times in several threads, just a 3 sec search turned up a 6 page thread dedicated to the issue, even with an official statement from HTC

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...contact+glitch

AFAIK, its a known issue both on the commercial and consumer, end with no solution direct from them either. Trying a custom ROM by means of a flash is your best bet at getting that annoying bug covered. Just make sure its not based off the Sprint Stock ROM as its has those glitches, deeply intergrated
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:27 AM
Lurker

estigall is a n00b

Yes, I have the same issue. HTC say it is a know issue, and they are working on, but it depends of Sprint on when the update will be released.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:55 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deimoss View Post
Are you sure you used to "Search" function? Not to be rude, but its been discussed several times in several threads, just a 3 sec search turned up a 6 page thread dedicated to the issue, even with an official statement from HTC

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...contact+glitch

AFAIK, its a known issue both on the commercial and consumer, end with no solution direct from them either. Trying a custom ROM by means of a flash is your best bet at getting that annoying bug covered. Just make sure its not based off the Sprint Stock ROM as its has those glitches, deeply intergrated
Thank you. Yes I really did search (several times) before making a post. Which is why I said I did. I thought this might be a known issue, but my searching came up empty. Of course results in search depend on the searcher using terms that match the poster for a solid match. I guess I didn't search on the terms to bring up that thread. But again thank you, it's good to see HTC is committed to resolve the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by estigall View Post
Yes, I have the same issue. HTC say it is a know issue, and they are working on, but it depends of Sprint on when the update will be released.
Yea, Sprint adds another layer of time on things. I guess in addition to ensuring the patch does not cause errors, they would not want it to do things like somehow allow us use of FM radio .
Old 01-16-2009, 12:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker

regression is keeping up the good workregression is keeping up the good work

I have this problem, but someone on here posted a "fix", sort of. When you have your list of contacts, press in the search box at the top, then bring up the keyboard. After doing that, R no longer dials the current contact. Worth a try.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-16-2009, 01:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Anonymatt is becoming a great contributor

I have this problem as well. Another I've noticed, which is kinda annoying (and I'm reading through that other thread now to see if anyone else has similar issues) is that not only does pressing the r button start dialing someone, but whenever I push the w key in contacts (phone and text messaging) then it adds an asterik afterwards "w*" and any time I press the x key it adds a pound sign afterwards "x#". I don't have too many people with x's in their names, but r's and w's are pretty common and it is quite annoying.
Old 01-16-2009, 05:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymatt View Post
I have this problem as well. Another I've noticed, which is kinda annoying (and I'm reading through that other thread now to see if anyone else has similar issues) is that not only does pressing the r button start dialing someone, but whenever I push the w key in contacts (phone and text messaging) then it adds an asterik afterwards "w*" and any time I press the x key it adds a pound sign afterwards "x#". I don't have too many people with x's in their names, but r's and w's are pretty common and it is quite annoying.
Those same things happen to me also when using the stock full soft qwerty keyboard.

But this suggestion:
Quote:
Originally Posted by regression View Post
I have this problem, but someone on here posted a "fix", sort of. When you have your list of contacts, press in the search box at the top, then bring up the keyboard. After doing that, R no longer dials the current contact. Worth a try.
Works for me. A good workaround.

Although I've been using TouchPal since yesterday and it does not have any of those problems.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-16-2009, 06:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Anonymatt is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnell View Post
Those same things happen to me also when using the stock full soft qwerty keyboard.

But this suggestion:

Works for me. A good workaround.

Although I've been using TouchPal since yesterday and it does not have any of those problems.
thanks! this will suffice until they fix it themselves. Annoying having to add one more screen press to have it work fine, but at least it works. Not sure why I didn't see the suggestion before I posted (I think I had a stale load of the page up)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro