PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2009, 12:19 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

gianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
iContact & iDialer & thumbCal on Touch Pro

All of these programs look great, has anyone installed them on there Touch Pro? Any feedback advice before I install?
Old 01-22-2009, 12:26 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: iContact & iDialer & thumbCal on Touch Pro

im using the brand new icontact. fast and looks good. heres the latest version. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=52646

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 01-22-2009 at 12:31 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 01-22-2009, 01:03 AM
Very Important Person
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

ruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

ThumbCal works great. i have it mapped to open when I hit the events in TF3D

As far as iContact, I found this version to work the best on vga http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=402724
Old 01-22-2009, 09:21 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

gianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskiyab View Post
ThumbCal works great. i have it mapped to open when I hit the events in TF3D

As far as iContact, I found this version to work the best on vga http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=402724
What is better about that version? I tired the above iContact and it works great although some times when I click and scroll it tweaks out sometimes (goes through the list in reverse order, down is now up etc., and it also scrolls by letter and not entire contents) dont know why it does that. Seems to only do it when I touch on the screen with more force then normal (i got sensitivity turned way up).
Old 01-23-2009, 09:46 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

never got word back on what the diffrence was.

As for an update, I have installed icontact and love it (not the same version you have) but how do I make it the default contact manager? Right now i got it mapped to a key.

icalendar, also a great program, only complaint is that I cant set what time I want the reminder to go off for each appointment. I installed a "iphone" skin and i really like it, i have it now set as my default calendar

idailer, works well with icontact but when you hit the call button it goes back the standard call menu, is there a way to stay in idialier all the time or is this a must due to windows? I really dont care for the dark nature of the default skin, is there a way to re skin it?
Old 01-23-2009, 08:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

also, my iContact some times freaks out. If i dont "flip" with a light touch it goes into super search mode, letter by letter, problem is i think my sensitivity is really high because it happens really easy. To be honest I dont remember how to change this, or is this just iContact?
Old 01-23-2009, 10:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

I think i found how the registry edit to fix the touch sensivity, it was reccomended to bve at 300ish and mine was over 5k lol.

I guess I am the only person that uses these programs, no comments...

what program can i use that is more thumb friendly than windows sms and email system?
Old 01-23-2009, 10:43 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Chuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by gianthobbit View Post
also, my iContact some times freaks out. If i dont "flip" with a light touch it goes into super search mode, letter by letter, problem is i think my sensitivity is really high because it happens really easy. To be honest I dont remember how to change this, or is this just iContact?
This is the way the author set it up. If you do your touch scrolling on the actual names themselves, the scrolling will be fluid and smooth. If you touch the area to the right of the names, it uses a "virtual scrollbar" and shoots thru the list by letter.

This is actually one of the reasons I don't like this version and prefer Burt's(his doesn't have this option). Another reason I like Burt's is Burt's version has an option to show the actual windows task bar at the top(with all the icons and such. Ther are some other differences too(Burts shows the picture assigned to the contact, while the other one does not). One other thing I like about Burt's is if you go into a specific contact screen, you can use your finger and "slide" the screen off to the left or right to get back to the main list, like to you can with other parts of TF3D. I couldn't seem to do this in icontact 0.9. I had to always press the back arrow, to get back to the list.

The big thing is the icontact 0.9 is designed with speed in mind, Burt's sacrifices some speed for more visually appealing. I do like the groups wih icontact 0.9 tho. Just a personal preference tho.

Last edited by Chuck_IV; 01-23-2009 at 11:13 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-24-2009, 06:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck_IV View Post
This is the way the author set it up. If you do your touch scrolling on the actual names themselves, the scrolling will be fluid and smooth. If you touch the area to the right of the names, it uses a "virtual scrollbar" and shoots thru the list by letter.
thanks, did not know that. I am going to test out the burt edition today, just installed it.

Anyone know how to make iContact the default contact manager or how my previous question on the iDialer not carrying over to the menu once a call is placed.
Old 01-24-2009, 06:34 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Chuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuff

Not sure about iDialer(don't use it) but for icontact, use a program called ssMaPa http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ghlight=ssmapa

After Init, in settings, replace POutlook. Check mark "Patch Enabled" and in the new program field, point it to /program files/icontact/icontact.exe (note to use FORWARD slashes "/", not "\"), then click SAVE. Then go into deploy and deploy patch and soft reset.

While you are in ssMaPa, you can also fix the Calendar issue with not starting on the correct view you select(if you select Day, Week, Month it will still end up on Agenda). Just do the same steps, but instead of replacing the program, just remove the $ from the Arguments field.

Last edited by Chuck_IV; 01-24-2009 at 06:42 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro