PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2009, 12:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

avgas is keeping up the good workavgas is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
No signal while "Roaming Only"

I'm using the stock sprint Rom, with the SprintCleanup cab, and I just found out that the "Roaming Only" Regedit is included. However, when I select the Romaing Only option, I get no signal what so ever. I left it in roaming and drove across town and could not pick up a signal, Im pretty sure there are other networks in my area. Anyone had this problem? Thanks
Old 01-22-2009, 01:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola A855 Droid
Carrier: Verizon

vesty16277 is keeping up the good workvesty16277 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to vesty16277
Re: No signal while "Roaming Only"

I use the Roaming only option and it works great. Check your PRL you may need to update.
Old 01-22-2009, 01:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC6700, Treo 700wx, Touch Pro

CountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good work

I too have no problems with the Roam Only option... I would do what vesty said and update your PRL. Nine times out of ten this is the issue. Especially when it is a farily new phone. (Only a few days out of the box.)
Old 01-22-2009, 01:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

No PRL Updates Available

Wow, this is weird, could this be a problem with my sprint plan? Im on Sero

Last edited by avgas; 01-22-2009 at 01:45 AM.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:08 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by avgas View Post
I'm using the stock sprint Rom, with the SprintCleanup cab, and I just found out that the "Roaming Only" Regedit is included. However, when I select the Romaing Only option, I get no signal what so ever. I left it in roaming and drove across town and could not pick up a signal, Im pretty sure there are other networks in my area. Anyone had this problem? Thanks
I have the same problem have had 2 differnt phones and they both did the same thing.

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola A855 Droid
Carrier: Verizon

vesty16277 is keeping up the good workvesty16277 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to vesty16277

Quote:
No PRL Updates Available

Wow, this is weird, could this be a problem with my sprint plan? Im on Sero
Are you literally getting no bars or isn't it letting you make phone calls?

Go to settings, comm manager, settings, select phone, sevices tab, roaming and make sure that all your settings allow for roaming and no call guard.

As far as your plan allowing it? I'm not sure but I'm pretty sure regardless it will let you make calls, they will just charge you roaming charges.

Do some searching around about adding roaming only to the mogul. If my mind serves me right there were some issues like your explaining when the reg edit first came out for the mogul after they disabled the function.

BTW your PRL I believe should be 60650. I've had to call and ask for an HRL update sometimes when I can't make calls while roaming.
1- Motorola A855 Droid
1 - Flesh Light
Old 01-22-2009, 03:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vesty16277 View Post

Go to settings, comm manager, settings, select phone, sevices tab, roaming and make sure that all your settings allow for roaming and no call guard.

As far as your plan allowing it? I'm not sure but I'm pretty sure regardless it will let you make calls, they will just charge you roaming charges.

Do some searching around about adding roaming only to the mogul. If my mind serves me right there were some issues like your explaining when the reg edit first came out for the mogul after they disabled the function.

BTW your PRL I believe should be 60650. I've had to call and ask for an HRL update sometimes when I can't make calls while roaming.

Thanks for the imput man,
I get no signal and cannot make calls, my PRL is 60614.
I've searched all over, did not find any threads on this.
What is HRL? Im thinking of calling sprint
Old 01-22-2009, 03:07 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vesty16277 View Post

well when i select it I get no bars it just keeps searching for signal. when i do the update prl it says no updates available.
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

PRL ID - 60614
PRL capability (PRL type) - IS-683C
PRL capability (prefer only) - Disable
PRL capability (default roaming) - 160

can anyone check their PRL settings?
Old 01-22-2009, 03:22 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
You shouldn't be having this problem, i recommend using this registry edit to get roaming.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=41992

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro