PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   PimBackup 2.8 from Mogul To TP (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=54275)

vesty16277 01-21-2009 11:57 PM

PimBackup 2.8 from Mogul To TP

I found out that if you select the "delete all contacts and replace" option that this solves the error and missing contacts issues.

I copied my backup from Sprint Mogul to Sprint Touch Pro.

JAVIERBOND007 01-22-2009 12:09 AM

Re: PimBackup 2.8 from Mogul To TP

In another words you restored your contacts from your Mogul to your TP using a PIM Backup file?

vesty16277 01-22-2009 01:20 AM

That is correct.

Darkjedi 01-22-2009 01:34 AM

good to know, i'm in the process of upgrading to the TouchPro and this will be useful information

ifreewillie 01-22-2009 03:50 AM

Also a quick note that if you sync your mogul with your computer and transfer all your contacts onto outlook, use active sync with your TP, it'll transfer all your contacts to your TP.

I mistakenly used PimBackup on my TP and then sync which makes ends up making duplicates on both my outlook and phone. Had to delete all the replications manually... So just do one or the other. I personally should've synced the phone first.

idenkilla 01-22-2009 06:33 AM

In PIM backup, there is an option to delete contacts that were already in the phone. I also think there is an option to delete duplicates but I'm not sure.

I use PIM backup every night to backup all my contacts because I flash so often

HBOOT 01-22-2009 09:23 AM

An easier option is to just copy the "pim.vol" file under device,/windows. That contains all your pim data. All you do is "assuming you hav eit copied to your SD" is grab it and drop it in your new TP or existingTP if you wish to restore and walaa booboo , done

Not to mention, pimbackup is alright too,bt the above step is just easier and doesnt require any install of 3rd party prog, nomsayin

vesty16277 01-22-2009 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hbenz2008 (Post 658049)
An easier option is to just copy the "pim.vol" file under device,/windows. That contains all your pim data. All you do is "assuming you hav eit copied to your SD" is grab it and drop it in your new TP or existingTP if you wish to restore and walaa booboo , done

Not to mention, pimbackup is alright too,bt the above step is just easier and doesnt require any install of 3rd party prog, nomsayin

I tried that before and couldn't get it to work. Can you do this from device to device (i.e mogul to TP) or from memory card back to device it was originally created on?

JAVIERBOND007 01-23-2009 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vesty16277 (Post 657551)
I found out that if you select the "delete all contacts and replace" option that this solves the error and missing contacts issues.

I copied my backup from Sprint Mogul to Sprint Touch Pro.

I did the samething before from my treo700w to my treo800w...

jmorton10 01-23-2009 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hbenz2008 (Post 658049)

That doesn't always work although I have done it that way myself.

PIM BU doesn't require any install by the way, you just run the .exe from any location.

~John