PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2009, 08:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

ladycruz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question No idea what to do with Sprint Touch Pro

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but im in serious need of help in deciding if i should return my Sprint Touch Pro. Here are my dislikes...

1. I have to lock the phone so that it wont start navigating on its own. I don't like the lock feature on this phone because if i miss a call or get a text the only way for me to find out would be if i unlock the phone to use it and then happen to come across the fact that i missed a call or a text.

2. If i am in the middle of something...writing a text, browsing the net...and an incoming call comes in...i don't like that it covers the screen or interrupts what im doing instead of showing a small message or icon somewhere that i have an incoming call. i would like to have the freedom of continuing with what im doing and if i decide to take the call or ignore it then thats ok too.

3. I also dont like that i cant really switch from one thing to another. If im writing something in my notes section and then i decide that i want to send a text to someone or check something on the web really quick and then go back to doing what i was doing...i cant. I have to close out the first screen before i can do anything else instead if having the option to either minimize or put it to the side for a second.

Maybe im not using the phone correctly but so far im not crazy about the phone the way i thought i was be before i got it so im really thinking about sending it back and waiting for something better or something i like.

Any input or insight will defnitely help. Sorry for the long story. Thanks!
Old 01-21-2009, 08:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Dream, Kaiser, Herman
Carrier: rogers

dan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIP
Re: No idea what to do with Sprint Touch Pro

well, I can answer 3 anyway, if you hit call end button, it minimizes your current program, can use either the pulldown menu top right to open again, or the origional shortcut I believe
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:33 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

Your issues are more to do with how Windows Mobile is set up then anything else...

For your first issue, if the phone is locked, it usually will still vibrate and/or ring if I have it set yo..

The second issue, you can just click ignore call and the incoming call will hang up. There is no hack that I know of that can simply do what you ask.. Sorry...

The third issue is just how Windows Mobile is.. You can go from let's say Notes, to Opera, then back again with out having to close Notes completely... But otherwise, it's just how it is...

If you have any other questions, please do ask
Old 01-21-2009, 08:38 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

use s2u2 version 1.42 for the screen lock issue. http://www.ac-s2.com/
Old 01-21-2009, 08:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC6700, Treo 700wx, Touch Pro

CountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good work

I have nothing to add here that hasd not already been said. BUT I will say this.... from the sounds of your post, I bet that this is youor first Window Mobile phone or even your first PDA. Windows Mobile takes a little to get use to if it is your first. My suggestion is to give it some time before you give up on it.

Now, from the sounds of what you are looking for one of the new Palm Pre's ( not released yet) might be what you are looking for. Take a look at some of the features and you might see something you like. With that said, give the Pro the full 30 day trial period before you make a decision. If you return it before your 30 days is up, you can go back to your previous phone and still get the Pre at the disounted price when it comes out.

Either way, would hate to see someone give up to easily on this phone, but this commnity can help you out when you are stuck.

Just another view on things.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: T7380 Touch Pro 2 <-6850 <-6800 <- 6700 <- 6600...

wavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladycruz View Post
2. If i am in the middle of something...writing a text, browsing the net...and an incoming call comes in...i don't like that it covers the screen or interrupts what im doing instead of showing a small message or icon somewhere that i have an incoming call. i would like to have the freedom of continuing with what im doing and if i decide to take the call or ignore it then thats ok too.
This one drives me absolutely insane. I have a post about it here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=53059

But as far as I can tell you and I are the only ones having this issue...
Old 01-21-2009, 08:56 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ladycruz is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryDevil View Post
I have nothing to add here that hasd not already been said. BUT I will say this.... from the sounds of your post, I bet that this is youor first Window Mobile phone or even your first PDA. Windows Mobile takes a little to get use to if it is your first. My suggestion is to give it some time before you give up on it.

Now, from the sounds of what you are looking for one of the new Palm Pre's ( not released yet) might be what you are looking for. Take a look at some of the features and you might see something you like. With that said, give the Pro the full 30 day trial period before you make a decision. If you return it before your 30 days is up, you can go back to your previous phone and still get the Pre at the disounted price when it comes out.

Either way, would hate to see someone give up to easily on this phone, but this commnity can help you out when you are stuck.

Just another view on things.

Its definitely my first windows mobile phone. I have always stuck to Palm but i wasn't too crazy with my Palm Centro because it kept freezing up on me and being that i loved that the TP had an MP3 Trimmer as well as the full size keyboard apart from all these other cool features i decided to switch. I did read about the Palm Pre and it looks and sounds good but so scared to wait and be disappointed again. i will continue to play with the TP and see what happens.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:00 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

You may come to enjoy it Lady... At worst you have seen what is currently the best (in my opinion, at least) Window's Mobile phone there is in the US...
Old 01-21-2009, 09:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC6700, Treo 700wx, Touch Pro

CountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladycruz View Post
Its definitely my first windows mobile phone. I have always stuck to Palm but i wasn't too crazy with my Palm Centro because it kept freezing up on me and being that i loved that the TP had an MP3 Trimmer as well as the full size keyboard apart from all these other cool features i decided to switch. I did read about the Palm Pre and it looks and sounds good but so scared to wait and be disappointed again. i will continue to play with the TP and see what happens.
Good for you..... like I siad there is a lot of help right here on these boards. Don't be afraid to ask and question, there is not one person here that has not been in your shoes.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:19 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ladycruz is a n00b

Everyone has been really helpful and far from rude...Thanks! =D>

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro