PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2009, 11:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

sylcat is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How to clear the home page (No clock, no call history/calendar) All Cabs!

Hey guys,

In searching for the solution to this I mostly found requests, confusion and scattered cabs that only managed one or the other options. I did a lot of testing and this is what I found as the easiest, most stable, and safest way to remove both the clock and the call history/calendar sections from your homepage.

What this does: What this actually does is installs a blank clock, and masks out the calender/call history tabs. They are both still there in the sense that you can click on them, but they appear as blank so all that's displaying is your wallpaper.

Why do this?: People have a wide range of ideas but most commonly people do this to display artwork more prominently. And since you can have a clock in taskbar, some find it nice to eliminate the big guy.

ADVICE: Read through before you attempt this.

What I did Step by step: (All required .cabs are included below. I did this on a Sprint HTC Touch Pro:

1.) Soft boot first. Then disable touchflo. (settings/today/items/uncheck touchflo 3d)

2.) Install Sprint2FlipClock.cab / soft boot (changes standard clock to a flip clock)

3.) Install InvisibleFlipClock.cab / soft boot (makes your new flipclock entirely transparent)

4.) Install Clock Only Home Page.cab / soft boot (removes the Calendar / Recent calls section below the clock)

5.) Re-enable Touchflo

At this point, the mainpage was clear, but my top curtain and Carrier name had resurfaced. To deal with this:

6.) Install NoTopCurtain.cab (removes the curtain)

7.) Install Personalizer_2.0.cab (gives you the option to rename the Carrier (sprint, at$t, etc. If you would like nothing in the place of the logo, enter a blank space when it asks you for the rename. Otherwise Personalizer_2.0.cab will fill in the text "Wasted Space Here" Haha, very funny guys

That's it. Based on the tweaks and manilla changes you've already made, you may have luck ordering these installs a different way, but I've found a high rate of success with this method.

IMPORTANT: Notes/bugs to keep in mind:

a.) Do this at your own risk, I just compiled the cabs from here and xda and came up with the ordering. I did not create the cabs.

b.) I had trouble uninstalling sprint2flip clock and invisible flip clock completely when I tried a recovery. It *does* revert back to the old styles through uninstalls, but it says "Unable to remove program completely." In short, it works but it seems to leave a trace of the programs on your phone.

c.) Currently this will disable the ability to "flip up" the clock on the main page. Obviously the clock and tabs won't be there, but if you just install the invisible clock option, it will no longer allow you to flip up the calendar/recent call section to view appointments. I'm looking in to a fix for this.

Yet to be solved (please post a solution if you have one):

a.) If you have an alarm set, the time of the alarm still shows up on the main page.

b.) The date remains in the top left corner. I'm look into a fix for both of these.

Thanks guys, have fun!
Attached Files
File Type: cab Sprint2FlipClock.cab (502.5 KB, 89 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab InvisibleFlipClock.cab (389.8 KB, 122 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab Clock Only Home Page.cab (142.0 KB, 180 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab NoTopCurtain.cab (1.6 KB, 101 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab Personalizer_2.0.cab (153.2 KB, 143 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by sylcat; 01-21-2009 at 11:14 PM.
This post has been thanked 9 times.
Old 01-22-2009, 01:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

topdawgn8 is becoming a great contributor
Re: How to clear the home page (No clock, no call history/calendar) All Cabs!

I won't use this personally, but compilations of information are ALWAYS welcome. You just made someone else's life much easier.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:35 AM
Very Important Person
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

use tf3d config to get rid of the date
Old 01-22-2009, 02:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

ptran504 is a n00b

Sounds interesting. I may give this a try. Any screen shots of how it looks?
Old 01-22-2009, 02:50 AM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

This is pretty much everything I've posted in the corner clock thread... sans the invisible clock.

The original clockonly home page cab should have removed the date. If it is there just edit the 590ad244_manila and delete the date format. Also, if you have appointments they will still show up. They do for me anyway. I haven't found an edit for that.

Since I'm happy with my cornerclock I'm not going to try it but you might be able to get the flip up back by using this cab.. it's a fix to make the clicked links work (at one time touching the calendar woudln't bring up calendar). I think I remember that it fixed the flip also. Someone might could try it and see. Won't hurt.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Mun background mode Vic Fix.cab (1.75 MB, 17 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by eenieMINI; 01-22-2009 at 02:56 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:55 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskiyab View Post
use tf3d config to get rid of the date
This worked out great, Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenieMINI View Post
This is pretty much everything I've posted in the corner clock thread... sans the invisible clock.

The original clockonly home page cab should have removed the date. If it is there just edit the 590ad244_manila and delete the date format. Also, if you have appointments they will still show up. They do for me anyway. I haven't found an edit for that.

Since I'm happy with my cornerclock I'm not going to try it but you might be able to get the flip up back by using this cab.. it's a fix to make the clicked links work (at one time touching the calendar woudln't bring up calendar). I think I remember that it fixed the flip also. Someone might could try it and see. Won't hurt.
I did give this cab a shot but it didn't seem to have an effect. The next time I do this from scratch I'll install the cab early on in the process and report back if it made a difference.

Right now the screen is completely clear save for the annoying alarm notification in the middle of the screen. (Ie, if you have an alarm set for 7:15, it will show up there, and if it's off, the text "alarm off" will remain.)

Searching for a fix. Any clues are appreciated. Once it's all ready I'll update the original post with the complete fix and post screenshots.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:04 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

When you or someone finds how to remove the alarm txt I'm thinking the same area will remove the appointment text that I have showing up... editing the 590ad244 file does not remove either set. So far it just removes the call history and voicemail, calendar but not appointments.

Edit.. it was pointed out in another thread to edit (need Mode9 editor) the file 1c684cd8 as suggested in the post below me... With this file you can remove the carrier name and the set the positions of things on the home screen.. also therefore, can remove notifications and alarms.. its intimidating but making a backup first will allow you to start over and over, and over and over..... and ...

Last edited by eenieMINI; 02-23-2009 at 09:39 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-25-2009, 12:37 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenieMINI View Post
When you or someone finds how to remove the alarm txt I'm thinking the same area will remove the appointment text that I have showing up... editing the 590ad244 file does not remove either set. So far it just removes the call history and voicemail, calendar but not appointments.
Just an update, I did find some values that might be relevant in manila 1c684cd8. Haven't got it working as of yet but the hunt is on.
Old 02-22-2009, 12:16 AM
ott
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

ott is keeping up the good workott is keeping up the good work

I need some help with this stuff. I'm still a noob for the most part, and I like the cornerclock idea, but once loading it, my alarm clock, calendar, and call history ICONS are still on my screen. Just the icons. How do I remove those? and if I would like to see what it looks like to have the glass clock, but have no border on it. How would I go about that? and how would I take the date off with the TF3D config tool? Thanks guys!
Old 02-22-2009, 12:56 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro!!!!
Carrier: sprint

kenny2182 is a n00b

sounds good to me!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro