PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2009, 10:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

KillerQ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillerQ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillerQ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillerQ is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I am a new HTC Touch Pro User...

Hey all,

After about a year with the HTC Mogul (3 of them, to be exact) I smashed my screen, and my new Touch Pro is on it's way to me as we speak (from insurance).

I am excited to get it and it's so 'pretty' that I am hesitant to make any visual mods right away (as I would with most phones). Except I read that you can unlock more camera features - I will do that.

The ONLY think I am really hesitant about is the VGA screen as opposed to the QVGA -and how my apps will transfer over to the Pro from the Mogul....

Ok, just wanted to say Hey, and I look forward to reading and posting in the Pro forum....

Later,

Matt!
Old 01-21-2009, 10:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

cforster is becoming a great contributor
Re: I am a new HTC Touch Pro User...

Welcome to the party! As others will agree I'm sure....you will have a real love/hate relationship with your new TP. Its a great phone, but has a few issues. Keyboard sliding in the opposite direction takes a couple weeks to get used to. The phone runs hot if you tether or use wmwifirouter - or talk a long time with bluetooth and/or charging at the same time (some are better than others) You will miss the extra hardware buttons....

BUT....

The phone just looks clean and sexy. Its fast with the upgraded hardware and extra memory. The keyboard is better than the mogul imo. I love my TP!

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
Albert Einstein

If I or anyone else has helped you, please don't forget to click

Last edited by cforster; 01-21-2009 at 10:13 PM.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:11 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

some apps will work, and some won't.

if you're lazy, you could immediately install a custom rom and you won't have to bother tweaking it or anything, or you could get used to how it is now, and figure out what you would like to change. tf3d is nice, but i find that its cumbersome without some type of modification. i removed a lot of tabs, changed a few things, and i'm happy with it now.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

kelaya00 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to kelaya00

ok - I know that I am not posting in the right place but I have a question concerning thr TP. I just received mine Monday and I can not seem to get the Outlook to work. I get email thru AOL on my laptop and wanted to use it also on the TP. I just can not get the thing setup. I does not like the setting or something. Please adivse if you can help me out with this or point me in the right direction. I have been on here searching and can not locate this issue.

Thanks!!!
Old 01-21-2009, 10:16 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

killerq,make sure you go to the touch pro essentails thread first.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:19 PM
Account Disabled

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelaya00 View Post
ok - I know that I am not posting in the right place but I have a question concerning thr TP. I just received mine Monday and I can not seem to get the Outlook to work. I get email thru AOL on my laptop and wanted to use it also on the TP. I just can not get the thing setup. I does not like the setting or something. Please adivse if you can help me out with this or point me in the right direction. I have been on here searching and can not locate this issue.

Thanks!!!
how about that!i'm in freakville also.but pm me and i'll try to walk you thru before you get jumped on about being in the wrong place!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

cforster is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr8820 View Post
how about that!i'm in freakville also.but pm me and i'll try to walk you thru before you get jumped on about being in the wrong place!
She might have posted to the wrong place, but hey - she is already using the "thanks" button! Good deal....
Old 01-21-2009, 10:51 PM
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by cforster View Post
She might have posted to the wrong place, but hey - she is already using the "thanks" button! Good deal....
yes,i was impressed.some people will get their issue solved and not hit it.she's doing great!
Old 01-21-2009, 10:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Welcome. Search.

Old 01-21-2009, 10:58 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

op, great place to start. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42730

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro