PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   I am a new HTC Touch Pro User... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=54262)

KillerQ 01-21-2009 10:02 PM

I am a new HTC Touch Pro User...

Hey all,

After about a year with the HTC Mogul (3 of them, to be exact) I smashed my screen, and my new Touch Pro is on it's way to me as we speak (from insurance).

I am excited to get it and it's so 'pretty' that I am hesitant to make any visual mods right away (as I would with most phones). Except I read that you can unlock more camera features - I will do that.

The ONLY think I am really hesitant about is the VGA screen as opposed to the QVGA -and how my apps will transfer over to the Pro from the Mogul....

Ok, just wanted to say Hey, and I look forward to reading and posting in the Pro forum....

Later,

Matt!

cforster 01-21-2009 10:11 PM

Re: I am a new HTC Touch Pro User...

Welcome to the party! As others will agree I'm sure....you will have a real love/hate relationship with your new TP. Its a great phone, but has a few issues. Keyboard sliding in the opposite direction takes a couple weeks to get used to. The phone runs hot if you tether or use wmwifirouter - or talk a long time with bluetooth and/or charging at the same time (some are better than others) You will miss the extra hardware buttons....

BUT....

The phone just looks clean and sexy. Its fast with the upgraded hardware and extra memory. The keyboard is better than the mogul imo. I love my TP!

ou2mame 01-21-2009 10:11 PM

some apps will work, and some won't.

if you're lazy, you could immediately install a custom rom and you won't have to bother tweaking it or anything, or you could get used to how it is now, and figure out what you would like to change. tf3d is nice, but i find that its cumbersome without some type of modification. i removed a lot of tabs, changed a few things, and i'm happy with it now.

kelaya00 01-21-2009 10:16 PM

ok - I know that I am not posting in the right place but I have a question concerning thr TP. I just received mine Monday and I can not seem to get the Outlook to work. I get email thru AOL on my laptop and wanted to use it also on the TP. I just can not get the thing setup. I does not like the setting or something. Please adivse if you can help me out with this or point me in the right direction. I have been on here searching and can not locate this issue.

Thanks!!!

Dr.8820 01-21-2009 10:16 PM

killerq,make sure you go to the touch pro essentails thread first.

Dr.8820 01-21-2009 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelaya00 (Post 657325)
ok - I know that I am not posting in the right place but I have a question concerning thr TP. I just received mine Monday and I can not seem to get the Outlook to work. I get email thru AOL on my laptop and wanted to use it also on the TP. I just can not get the thing setup. I does not like the setting or something. Please adivse if you can help me out with this or point me in the right direction. I have been on here searching and can not locate this issue.

Thanks!!!

how about that!i'm in freakville also.but pm me and i'll try to walk you thru before you get jumped on about being in the wrong place!

cforster 01-21-2009 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr8820 (Post 657332)
how about that!i'm in freakville also.but pm me and i'll try to walk you thru before you get jumped on about being in the wrong place!

She might have posted to the wrong place, but hey - she is already using the "thanks" button! Good deal....

Dr.8820 01-21-2009 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cforster (Post 657375)
She might have posted to the wrong place, but hey - she is already using the "thanks" button! Good deal....

yes,i was impressed.some people will get their issue solved and not hit it.she's doing great!

jason25 01-21-2009 10:52 PM

Welcome. Search.

darren.wlsn1 01-21-2009 10:58 PM

op, great place to start. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42730