PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2009, 10:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

gimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to gimme5
Re: Manila TF3D - What's The Point?

Well, let's say you're a brand new winmo user, you just get your TP out of the box, turn it on, and you get all this TF3D interface. It's easy to figure out where things are, there's tons of stuff to do, and it looks beautiful. All in all, a positive user experience.

Now, if there was no TF3D, you'd start your phone, big empty screen...you press the start button and figure things out on your own, just like I did when I got my first WM phone (treo 700WX, 2 yrs ago). A few days later you still don't know one tenth of all you can do with your phone.

I think you have to compare TF3D to its alternative...a blank screen.

Now if you've been using a WM phone for some time,you probably know what it can do and you want it to be customized to look and operate a certain way. Great! uncheck ONE box, and install everything you want...make the phone exactly what you want it to be. HTC didn't shove TF3D down our throats and they made it optional.

Personally, I like it. Everything is 1 swipe and 1 click away. All I wish is that I could see more than 1 appointment at a time on the home screen.

You're saying it's not functional, it's just eye candy. It's both. It looks good and can accomplish most everything I need. You just value function a lot more than form, and there's nothing wrong with that. It's your taste. I value function more than form, but form is nice too in my opinion. If it can do what I want it to do and look good doing it, I'll take it.

Last edited by gimme5; 01-23-2009 at 02:10 PM.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g/HTC TP 2

navymarvin is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to navymarvin

You know i normally dont say much but this is getting a little ridiculous. My take on this is you get what you pay for so instead of complaining about what a UI doesn't do why not give suggestions on how the developers here can make it better. Complaining gets you nowhere unless you have connects at M$ or HTC. So chill and find a way to enjoy the phone instead of bashing it or just get a different phone. There are things that i dont like about the phone but i just look for ways to improve it. Its still a great phone and i have no major complaints. So basically stop wasting time.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evolicious

TreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdume View Post
I didn't bother to read your hole rant, but I can tell you like I told the other guy get a Blackberry and stop complaining here at ppcgeeks we can do what ever we want with whatever phone nothing is imposible thats why we all come here "Microsoft makes the software we just make it better"
U better check the facts and take the time to read my post. If u did u can see that I wasnt on a rant. U sir are a prime example of the people who say freedom of choice but down anybody who doesnt share your thinking. Its a**holes like u who cant take any different constructive opinions that make the rest of the "geeks" look bad. I never said I had a problem with my phone. I simply stated my opinion, why, and what I use. And I will say it again that Im not part of the sheep mentality. I respect peoples rights to say whatever and use whatever. I also respect the right for someone to disagree. Unlike others here. Maybe the OP is a little late with his I hate TF3D opinion bcuz we've had them for a while but its his right to state his opinion. If he was out of line the mods would have stepped in, not some of yall.

Last edited by TreyBeno; 01-23-2009 at 01:25 PM.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

DSGamer is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
Well, ok, I'm now officially a TF3d user for all of about 13 hours, 7 of which I was sleeping. Here's my initial reaction (and keeping in mind I've been a winmo user since the Apache days, late 2006, and I;ve hacked and customized and flashed and worked very hard to get it just so.... *and* I've had an ipod touch for more then a year, just updated that puppy to 2.2 firmware...)

And the verdict is... I like it. Sure, it's a cartoon interface, and it's not information dense. Using the touch for both media and for in-home browsing/email has broken my addiction to shoving as much data as possible onto a handheld device. I get that what works best there is *just enough* info, not *everything possible*.

So I see TF3d as the HTC version of *just enough*. I can see what's happening in my digital world pretty easily (today's meetings, message notifications and a peek at them, txt messages/quick reply, phone stuff...) and if I must, I can drop into WinMo for the heavy lifting. And I *can* use this interface with my fingers.

Dropping into winmo still bites, but hey, whatchagonnado?

I'd say for joe-average-user this could work pretty well indeed.
I agree with all of the above. My big beefs with TouchFlo are that it's too slow. If it was faster it would be easier to use. And that it really isn't efficient to gesture your way across 10 or 11 tabs or whatever there is. I know you can install tools to hide tabs, but I'd rather that came out of the box. And I'd rather the navigation of said tabs was smoother. I literally got finger pain from navigating the tabs. So I went back to SPB Mobile Shell.
PDA/Smartphone History: Casio Cassiopeia A-10 -> HP Jornada 430 -> HP Jornada 720 -> HP Joranda 545 -> HP Jornada 720 -> Compaq iPaq 3760 -> Palm m130 -> Palm Zire 31 -> Sharp Zaurus SL-5500 -> Palm m130 -> Palm Centro -> HTC Touch Pro -> T-Mobile G1 -> HTC Touch Pro -> Palm Centro -> HTC Touch Pro
Old 01-23-2009, 04:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre baby!

z28marols1 is keeping up the good workz28marols1 is keeping up the good work

I think this thread has outlived its purpose...
Old 01-23-2009, 04:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evolicious

TreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Yes it has as some people dont seem to have tolerance for people with different views and opinions.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:57 PM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff

People have plenty of tolerance on this forum, but the whole point being made here is IF YOU DONT LIKE IT TURN IT OFF. Its been said at least 10 times now.

Thats the great thing about WM, with one click Tflo3d is gone. I jsut dont see a reason to start threads about personal likes OR dislikes. Thats preference and everyone has their own, but coming in here and proclaim undying love or hate for anything is ridiculous and always starts these debates which turn into childish name calling. Were here to come to solutions to problems, and share software and tweaks not debate what we each feel is functional or good or bad.

If you dont like whats included turn it off and find a replacement silently (if you need HELP finding a replacement then sure ask away) but we dont need it announced of the forum megaphone everytime someone has a personal opinion.

Last edited by SprintTouch08; 01-23-2009 at 05:00 PM.
Old 01-23-2009, 05:43 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I have been watching this thread spiral downwards for the last 2 days and at this point I have to say enough is enough. I will be reviewing this thread and if rule #4 has been violated infractions will be given.
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro