PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   So this is what the Touch Pro is supposed to be (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=54234)

bjeremi 01-21-2009 06:56 PM

So this is what the Touch Pro is supposed to be

Went and exchanged my touch pro at Best Buy (before my 30 day was up)last night and I am def. happier. The battery life on my other one was just terrible. Never really noticed the home key sticking up a little bit until I felt the new one. The build date on the new one is 12/22/08. It really does seem to be better over all. The hard keys seem to be much more responsive and it just seems to be snappier. I pulled it off the charger fully charged last night around 9pm central time and it just died on at 4:54pm. Way better than I was getting on the other one. Total talk time was 122minutes. The Data was at 6626 kilobytes and 628 kilobytes of texting. Feel a lot better about this phone now. With the other one I always just carried the charger in my pocket. I did have the batter yon the old one tested at the sprint store and they said it was fine.

BigDiesel07 01-21-2009 06:59 PM

Re: So this is what the Touch Pro is supposed to be

Happy to hear the newer phones are better build quality..

rawdikrik 01-21-2009 07:01 PM

Yeah... Im just waiting to change mine.... The home key on mine is sticking WAY up... and I am noticing the battery getting worse and worse.

poopsie 01-21-2009 07:07 PM

I just got a Touch Pro to replace my Diamond and am WAY more impressed. I took my phone off the charger this morning at 5:30a, it is now 5:06p and I am at 60%. Well over 24 hours on the battery for me. Email checked every 15 minutes, 10 texts, about 75 mins. talk time, and browsing. Very, Very much happier then the diamond....Especially with Juggs. Rom!

topdawgn8 01-22-2009 08:20 PM

Yeah, I had really really really bad battery life when I first got my tp. Trained the battery, no improvements. I finally broke down and bought Seidio's 1500 mAh. It's friggin great.

wavezero 01-22-2009 08:27 PM

I'm way past my 30 day's, ordered mine the day they came out... I do have tep, any ideas on how to get a "better" one and not a refurb. These are buggy enough, not going to take any chances with a refurb unit. (my build date is 10/20/08 )

Athasian 01-22-2009 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavezero (Post 659547)
I'm way past my 30 day's, ordered mine the day they came out... I do have tep, any ideas on how to get a "better" one and not a refurb. These are buggy enough, not going to take any chances with a refurb unit. (my build date is 10/20/08 )

I don't think they are sending out referbs yet, reports I've read here have all stated that the replacements have been NIB. So if you hurry ...

cuban4lf 01-22-2009 09:32 PM

yeah new in box for me too. and they let me keep ta old battery styles and battery cover !!

BigDiesel07 01-22-2009 09:38 PM

That's cool Cub.. Lucky

kyle4269 01-22-2009 09:43 PM

Yeah cub good deal with being able to keep that stuff. I was thinking about taking mine back and getting a new one because of the battery life.