PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2009, 11:58 AM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New Manila Editor

I posted this in the Diamond forums but wanted to share here too...
there is a new manila editor that has functions for simple manila replacement/theme creations as well as cooked roms... much more accurate than the original Manila Editor

As I posted earlier in the "Today Screens" post there is a new manila editor program available at XDA from Chainfire.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=470798

I've tried this as well as Manila Editor 2.0.. this Chainfire one is perfect! I only suggest you work from a copy folder so you don't lose your originals.

Be sure to read the "manual" post for how to's and what if's.. but its pretty straight forward, allows a viewing background color so you can see those white qtc's and repairs/fixes headers etc for those hard to replace items.

Have fun and post what you've created!! I'm fixin to redo my flyfishing icons so they are cleaner.. I really had to jig around to make them import in Manila Editor... this program will be a breeze compared!
This post has been thanked 9 times.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Insatiable is keeping up the good workInsatiable is keeping up the good workInsatiable is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to Insatiable
Re: New Manila Editor

thanks! cant wait to get gome and take a wack at it

Old 01-21-2009, 07:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

Kolano is becoming a great contributor

This editor also enables further lossless compression of images, which both saves space and improves performance. From the Bugs\Fixes\Updates WM6.1 build 20931 kitchen thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolano
Manila:
Pre-compression: 18,000,929 bytes
Post-compression: 11,611,887 bytes

Manila Raphael:
Pre-compression: 17,781,179 bytes
Post-compression:11,496,698 bytes

Manila Sprint:
Pre-compression: 16,037,276 bytes
Post-compression: 9,079,523 bytes

Manila Sprint Raphael:
Pre-compression: 16,305,021 bytes
Post-compression: 10,670,080 bytes
Old 01-22-2009, 01:54 AM
Still a Geek
Threadstarter

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Yes, I was reading about that and thinking to try the compression factor. However, one thing in the creator's post stated that if you compress one you should compress all... since I am only changing things here and there I was chicken to use the compression factor..... but maybe when I get a theme I wanna keep I can export all the manila files and simply compress the theme without replacing graphics.

I like how his program is good for beginners like me and cooks as well.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

Kolano is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenieMINI View Post
However, one thing in the creator's post stated that if you compress one you should compress all.
Can you be more specific where you saw that?

I believe the edited Manila should support both compressed and uncompressed images, so it's not clear you have to compress everything. However, since the compression is lossless/reversible, performance is best with things converted, and the conversion process is automated, there really isn't a good reason not to.

Last edited by Kolano; 01-22-2009 at 02:39 PM.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:00 PM
Still a Geek
Threadstarter

Makes sense. I can't find where I read it now so maybe I misunderstood on the first time through. I just read through the entire thread and user area and see no reference now, but it seemed that I read that if you compress you should compress everything. Anyway, as I said I was just chicken to try since I'm barely editing manila qtc files ... I'll get brave and try it now!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro