PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2009, 01:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TMOUS HD2
Carrier: Tmobile

ihateu is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Do U have problems with your Send Key, Home Key and the Left directional key pad?

I got a touch pro and it seems that the whole left side of the phones controls is not working for me. I enabled screen taps and button clicks to produce a sound when u press them and It does play the sounds so i know it is registering a press, but it will not perform the selected operation
(ie: home, send,left keypad)if i soft reset the phone the phone works but it happens again sooner or later. This is the 3rd time so far,are other tp users having this problem? could it be some cab files I installed interfering with the phone? OK Thanks!
Old 01-21-2009, 01:23 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo 3d
Carrier: Sprint

sundevil07 is just getting started
Re: Do U have problems with your Send Key, Home Key and the Left directional key pad?

this just happened to me. call/hang up buttons rarely worked, sometimes scrolled instead.

I reflashed and reflashed and hard reset multiple times, nothing worked.

My device was among the first purchased (i got it a couple days before it came out, and had no problems up until now. Granted i dropped the phone on cement about 4-5 times over the past few months.

I ended up raising hell in the store, they used to just swap out broken phones in store (i had like 7 moguls) and now they said their policy is different and you have to pay the 50 to get a new phone. A quick call to Customer service fixed it all and the store gave me a brand new device in box.

Obviously this doesnt help you much...do you have insurance?
Old 01-21-2009, 01:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Just getting started
Carrier: Alltel

drea43 is becoming a great contributor
Re: Do U have problems with your Send Key, Home Key and the Left directional key pad?

when my Touch Pro did that I just calibrated my screen Start--Setting--System--Screen--Align Screen That worked for me. I almost turned swooped mines out but treied that at last minute cause I didnt want to put all the things back on my phone again. Hope this helps you
Old 01-21-2009, 02:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TMOUS HD2
Carrier: Tmobile
Threadstarter

ihateu is just getting started

yeah i did calibrate it I just got this phone sent to me . so i might be returning it. what does calibrating the screen have to do with the send key and home key and dpad?

Last edited by ihateu; 01-21-2009 at 02:34 AM.
Old 01-21-2009, 02:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint TouchPro2

amart79196 is keeping up the good workamart79196 is keeping up the good work

i had the same problem which eventually became worse and needed to returned as it became not usable anymore.
Old 01-21-2009, 05:54 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amart79196 View Post
i had the same problem which eventually became worse and needed to returned as it became not usable anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundevil07 View Post
this just happened to me. call/hang up buttons rarely worked, sometimes scrolled instead.

I reflashed and reflashed and hard reset multiple times, nothing worked.

My device was among the first purchased (i got it a couple days before it came out, and had no problems up until now. Granted i dropped the phone on cement about 4-5 times over the past few months.

I ended up raising hell in the store, they used to just swap out broken phones in store (i had like 7 moguls) and now they said their policy is different and you have to pay the 50 to get a new phone. A quick call to Customer service fixed it all and the store gave me a brand new device in box.

Obviously this doesnt help you much...do you have insurance?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihateu View Post
I got a touch pro and it seems that the whole left side of the phones controls is not working for me. I enabled screen taps and button clicks to produce a sound when u press them and It does play the sounds so i know it is registering a press, but it will not perform the selected operation
(ie: home, send,left keypad)if i soft reset the phone the phone works but it happens again sooner or later. This is the 3rd time so far,are other tp users having this problem? could it be some cab files I installed interfering with the phone? OK Thanks!

Same here, just got a new one today. Much improved but I can tell by the minor "unleveless" of the buttons it will happen again. Third one actually.

My last one was so bad when you pressd the home button it woudl bring up the dialer.

End and back keys are great. Home and Green phone are terrible. Hope this new one lasts a little linger. If not just keep swapping them out until HTC figures this debalce out.

Donations always accepted but never expected!
Old 01-21-2009, 10:35 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

HTCFord is just getting started

I purchased my phone a few days before Best Buy officially released them. So I had one of the first phones. I had a raised home button. Eventually all my buttons stopped working and I had to have the phone replaced.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro