PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Do U have problems with your Send Key, Home Key and the Left directional key pad? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=54146)

ihateu 01-21-2009 01:06 AM

Do U have problems with your Send Key, Home Key and the Left directional key pad?

I got a touch pro and it seems that the whole left side of the phones controls is not working for me. I enabled screen taps and button clicks to produce a sound when u press them and It does play the sounds so i know it is registering a press, but it will not perform the selected operation
(ie: home, send,left keypad)if i soft reset the phone the phone works but it happens again sooner or later. This is the 3rd time so far,are other tp users having this problem? could it be some cab files I installed interfering with the phone? OK Thanks!

sundevil07 01-21-2009 01:23 AM

Re: Do U have problems with your Send Key, Home Key and the Left directional key pad?

this just happened to me. call/hang up buttons rarely worked, sometimes scrolled instead.

I reflashed and reflashed and hard reset multiple times, nothing worked.

My device was among the first purchased (i got it a couple days before it came out, and had no problems up until now. Granted i dropped the phone on cement about 4-5 times over the past few months.

I ended up raising hell in the store, they used to just swap out broken phones in store (i had like 7 moguls) and now they said their policy is different and you have to pay the 50 to get a new phone. A quick call to Customer service fixed it all and the store gave me a brand new device in box.

Obviously this doesnt help you much...do you have insurance?

drea43 01-21-2009 01:31 AM

Re: Do U have problems with your Send Key, Home Key and the Left directional key pad?

when my Touch Pro did that I just calibrated my screen Start--Setting--System--Screen--Align Screen That worked for me. I almost turned swooped mines out but treied that at last minute cause I didnt want to put all the things back on my phone again. Hope this helps you

ihateu 01-21-2009 02:19 AM

yeah i did calibrate it I just got this phone sent to me . so i might be returning it. what does calibrating the screen have to do with the send key and home key and dpad?

amart79196 01-21-2009 02:23 AM

i had the same problem which eventually became worse and needed to returned as it became not usable anymore.

scrosler 01-21-2009 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amart79196 (Post 655464)
i had the same problem which eventually became worse and needed to returned as it became not usable anymore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sundevil07 (Post 655377)
this just happened to me. call/hang up buttons rarely worked, sometimes scrolled instead.

I reflashed and reflashed and hard reset multiple times, nothing worked.

My device was among the first purchased (i got it a couple days before it came out, and had no problems up until now. Granted i dropped the phone on cement about 4-5 times over the past few months.

I ended up raising hell in the store, they used to just swap out broken phones in store (i had like 7 moguls) and now they said their policy is different and you have to pay the 50 to get a new phone. A quick call to Customer service fixed it all and the store gave me a brand new device in box.

Obviously this doesnt help you much...do you have insurance?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ihateu (Post 655338)
I got a touch pro and it seems that the whole left side of the phones controls is not working for me. I enabled screen taps and button clicks to produce a sound when u press them and It does play the sounds so i know it is registering a press, but it will not perform the selected operation
(ie: home, send,left keypad)if i soft reset the phone the phone works but it happens again sooner or later. This is the 3rd time so far,are other tp users having this problem? could it be some cab files I installed interfering with the phone? OK Thanks!

Same here, just got a new one today. Much improved but I can tell by the minor "unleveless" of the buttons it will happen again. Third one actually.

My last one was so bad when you pressd the home button it woudl bring up the dialer.

End and back keys are great. Home and Green phone are terrible. Hope this new one lasts a little linger. If not just keep swapping them out until HTC figures this debalce out.

HTCFord 01-21-2009 10:35 AM

I purchased my phone a few days before Best Buy officially released them. So I had one of the first phones. I had a raised home button. Eventually all my buttons stopped working and I had to have the phone replaced.