PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2009, 10:23 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC PRO

ppcwannab is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help With Downloading Roms

I apologize for posting this thread if this info can be found elsewhere. I need some direction regarding downloading new roms to the Touch Pro (Sprint). I have researched the forum trying to find my answer. I followed the flash tutorial provided (great info) however after unlocking my device and attempting to upload the new rom i ran into some issue. I am a noob at this so please be gentle..lol. The rom i downloaded is the new MightyRom however the file typ is a .rar and the tutorial says i need a .nbh. Am i supposed to convert this file or have i done something incorrectly? PLEASE HELP!!!! Again if this info is available somewhere else i apologize i tried researching this for hours last night and my eyeballs are bleeding buit i still cant download the ROM. Please point me in the right direction.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

cforster is becoming a great contributor
Re: Help With Downloading Roms

The files are compressed up into a .rar file. (like zip file). You can download winrar or a similar program to unzip the .rar file into a single directory and flash from there.

http://www.letmegooglethatforyou.com/?q=file+type+.rar

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
Albert Einstein

If I or anyone else has helped you, please don't forget to click
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:35 AM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppcwannab View Post
I apologize for posting this thread if this info can be found elsewhere. I need some direction regarding downloading new roms to the Touch Pro (Sprint). I have researched the forum trying to find my answer. I followed the flash tutorial provided (great info) however after unlocking my device and attempting to upload the new rom i ran into some issue. I am a noob at this so please be gentle..lol. The rom i downloaded is the new MightyRom however the file typ is a .rar and the tutorial says i need a .nbh. Am i supposed to convert this file or have i done something incorrectly? PLEASE HELP!!!! Again if this info is available somewhere else i apologize i tried researching this for hours last night and my eyeballs are bleeding buit i still cant download the ROM. Please point me in the right direction.
Welcome to the site.....just un-rar the file and the RUU should be inside of it....I have not used Mighty's so I am unsure but I would assume the full RUU is in the file.....if it is then just hook up the phone via active sync and run the Rom Update Utility....if it is just an nbh file inside of it then use the attached noid RUU and place the nbh file inside of it and run the Rom Update Utility......a good program if you do not have one to un-pack rar's and zips is 7-zip....here is the link....hope that helps...

http://www.7-zip.org/
Attached Files
File Type: zip Herman_RUU.zip (1.33 MB, 3 views) Click for barcode!
Old 01-21-2009, 11:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC PRO
Threadstarter

ppcwannab is a n00b

I will try that thank you for the help i will let you know if im sucessful.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro