PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   30 return? What items? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=54119)

Exil3d 01-20-2009 09:42 PM

30 return? What items?

I know theres a thread about Asurion, but what about sending the phone back to Sprint for a 30 swap. My chrome is cracked and I finnaly got a new one shipped to me. Ofcourse I need to put my old phone and ship it back to them with the return kit. So..... can I keep the battery? Has anyone gotten away with keeping the batterya and sent eevrythig else back?

Hafrust 01-20-2009 09:45 PM

Re: 30 return? What items?

From what I've read, since you get a brand new one, they charge if you don't send back the battery with it. Is there any slip listing what all is required to be returned in with the return kit?

lordelfkin 01-20-2009 09:48 PM

the old phone must be returned in "as new condition" other than the reported issue, so batteries, books etc must be returned via 30 day exchange policy if not restocking fees can be charged.

lcbster 01-20-2009 09:56 PM

I kept the battery,cover,and stylus and never got charged a sprint lady even said before to me you only send back the phone and you wont get charged

Hafrust 01-20-2009 09:57 PM

I'm not sure about the books and all because they usually send a tiny envelope where you can't fit all that crap back in there. If it were me, I'd send all I could fit in there.

Quote:

I kept the battery,cover,and stylus and never got charged a sprint lady even said before to me you only send back the phone and you wont get charged
I know that's the case on insurance swaps, but you're saying you were told that on a 30 day swap? I just want to make sure.

Exil3d 01-20-2009 11:24 PM

Ahhh.. just what i feared. Mixed responses. I will stay on the safe side and return everything except the styluses. Ohh and the screen protectopr. Those are hard to come by. :)

[sammich] 01-20-2009 11:44 PM

I'd go by this because it is what I've heard numerous times:

RETURNS [30 Days]-
You must return ALL PARTS that were in the box when you received the phone, including chargers, holsters, batteries, screen protectors, manuals, and CD's

REPLACEMENTS-
You only need to return the phone/battery cover

p-slim 01-20-2009 11:46 PM

They don't care about the battery, just keeping it real, I have 4 batteries, 1 i kept from a return, the other 2 i just walked into the sprint store, was cool with a rep, and they had some returns and gave me the batteries because they were shipping the phones back.

DOUBLEVISION 01-21-2009 10:14 AM

send the battery only if they have sent u a replacement one

RockSta® 01-26-2009 08:36 PM

What if i send my old phone in with the dyed battery cover? would that be a problem?