PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2009, 04:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

sylcat is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Things not yet solved

Yo peeps.

I've spent a good deal of the past week reading through all the wonderful information here, and my phone is rocking because of it! There are a few things I'm still looking for that I have yet to find.

I realize some of these are discussed in Goothings2Life's epic post, but most appear to be part of a package deal that installs several things.

So I'm looking for:
1.) A singular way to remove sprint tabs (like Sprint TV) and rename them (like Sprint Music to Music)

2.) A way to remove excess programs (bloatware) from the programs list. I haven't found a very clear explanation of this anywhere but several people have asked. Once again there are only hints at it coupled with long extranious processes.

3.) A way to remove everything from the home page (Big clock, gone. Call history and calander, gone. Just the lower crollbar and upper start menu remain so you can have a nice background dominating your main phone page.)

4.) A little clock display up on the taskbar that appears on the homepage, not just the subsequent scroll tabs.

5.) Fast boot times. Booting up the phone takes me personally about 2-3 minutes anymore.

Please note that I have read all the stickies and a vast number of relating posts. I've done complicated procedures like replacing the start menu icon and replacing registry values and dlls, yet these things I've posted have still eluded me.

Much thanks ahead of time, and I applaud this website and all the work everyone has put in. These phones are great because of you guys!
Old 01-20-2009, 04:55 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff
Re: Things not yet solved

half of what you just said can be answered in the touch pro essentials thread, and the other half can be found by searching for a few minutes (only because you can only do one search every 30 seconds). i mean, i would click up there and answer your questions with pretty links, but i'm too lazy... hmm... i guess i'm no better than you lol
Old 01-20-2009, 05:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Have you read through this one and this one?

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:19 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Guys like I've said, I've read those. I'm not one to not seek out information that's already there.

What I'm saying is that yes, you can get those things done with Goodthings2lifes posts, but only if you want 30 other things done to your phone in the process.

And that's just the first two. I haven't seen complete solutions to 3,4 and 5 posted anywhere..
Old 01-20-2009, 05:22 PM
VIP Member

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
What I'm saying is that yes, you can get those things done with Goodthings2lifes posts, but only if you want 30 other things done to your phone in the process.
Actually...he explains how to change the TF3D tabs with simple file edits, so you don't have to change other things.

Quote:
And that's just the first two. I haven't seen complete solutions to 3,4 and 5 posted anywhere..
I didn't realize that we were only supposed to reply if we have the answers to ALL of your requests. Want us to wipe too?

Last edited by Hafrust; 01-20-2009 at 06:09 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:31 PM
Very Important Person
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylcat View Post
1.) A singular way to remove sprint tabs (like Sprint TV) and rename them (like Sprint Music to Music)
Use either Diamond TF3D Config or Advance Config to remove tabs. To rename them, you have to edit the 26948339_manila file in notepad and rename the tab

Quote:
2.) A way to remove excess programs (bloatware) from the programs list. I haven't found a very clear explanation of this anywhere but several people have asked. Once again there are only hints at it coupled with long extranious processes.
Go into \Windows\Start Menu\Programs and delete the shortcuts you don't want to show up. As far as completely removing programs that came with the phone, I think you're out of luck

Quote:
3.) A way to remove everything from the home page (Big clock, gone. Call history and calander, gone. Just the lower crollbar and upper start menu remain so you can have a nice background dominating your main phone page.)
There is no way to remove the windows task bars. There is a mod on xda that will get rid of the all the Manila icons except the one you're focused on.
If you want a background picture on the main view, might as well get S2U2 or pocketshield or something. I personally, don't see a point of making the home page useless

Quote:
4.) A little clock display up on the taskbar that appears on the homepage, not just the subsequent scroll tabs.
Pretty sure you can do this with Advanced Config and Diamond Tweak which leads me to believe there's a reg edit floating around somewhere

Quote:
5.) Fast boot times. Booting up the phone takes me personally about 2-3 minutes anymore.
Mine takes about 30-60 seconds (Custom roms FTW!)
Old 01-20-2009, 05:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Trophy
Carrier: Verizon

Oxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Well:

To remove the default programs:

To remove the default programs in your programs tab, download and install Diamond TF3D Config. Next, go to file explorer and find TF3D Config under the program files folder and delete the Tweaks file. Now, you should be able to open TF3D config and remove the locked programs from your device (if you don't remove the tweaks file, then TF3D Config will crash when you try to open it).

To put a clock in your titlebar at all times:

With any registry editor (I recommend PHM Regedit), go to HKLM/Software/Microosoft/Shell

And change the ShowTitleBarClock from 0 to 1. Wait one minute or so, then soft reset. NOTE: If the clock isn't in your titlebar, tap the clock in your home tab, go to the More tab, and check the box beside "Display the clock on the title bar in all programs."

For Faster boot times:

Go to HKLM/System/GDI/GLYPHCACHE and change the limit to about 16000 (mine is set at 131072). This will make your phone faster overall, at the cost of some extra memory.

If that doesn't do it for you, then the next thing I can suggest would be custom roms. They have many of these tweaks already done, and you should experience faster loading times, improved battery life, and all that extra jazz.

Hope that helped.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Diamond TF3D Config Setup v0.6.7.CAB (162.2 KB, 7 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Oxymoron238; 01-20-2009 at 05:51 PM.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:16 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Tripdub1,

I missed the TF3d part. My mistake.
However you started the agressiveive flaming with implying that I'm a cut and dry lazy poster like many here. So no, don't wipe it. Eat it.

Ruski and Oxi, thanks very much for your posts, they helped me out greatly!
Old 01-20-2009, 06:19 PM
VIP Member

Tastes like chicken.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Galaxy S7 Edge
Carrier: T-Mobile

caseyatbt is just getting started

Quote:

The only way I know of is to find a custom ROM (or make one yourself) that meets your needs.
Unfortunately the bloatware is not removable out of the box.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro