PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Touch Pro Text problems (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=54060)

thunderx2000 01-20-2009 04:16 PM

Touch Pro Text problems

Ok here is the deal I just got my Touch Pro a week ago and I already have a gripe about it, and here it is....

The Text anytime I slide the screen up the lettering in Nimbuzz bunches up, in the seetings menu the names on the tabs completely disappear unless I select them, in opera it makes the pages small as f**k and this is starting to become annoying.

Is there a fix available for this annoyance?

Hafrust 01-20-2009 04:20 PM

Re: Touch Pro Text problems

My tabs show fine in landscape in the settings menu. I've never heard of that happening. As far as Opera goes, in landscape it is no smaller than in portrait. You can always tap twice to zoom.

thunderx2000 01-21-2009 05:26 PM

I'm guessing I got a bad unit, then

navymarvin 01-21-2009 05:32 PM

Did you do any registry edits because mine did that after i did some of the auto word correct regedits. i havent fixed it yet though because i need to find out how to remove regedits without knowing which ones i did. but anyway before that mine worked fine.

chnzshyguy 01-21-2009 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by navymarvin (Post 656655)
Did you do any registry edits because mine did that after i did some of the auto word correct regedits. i havent fixed it yet though because i need to find out how to remove regedits without knowing which ones i did. but anyway before that mine worked fine.

I think I have the same exact problem. It doesn't matter which app I use, the text shows up blank. For certain characters, the letters will bunch up on the upper mid-right of the screen. Typing works fine in portrait mode.

aceracer24 01-21-2009 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thunderx2000 (Post 656637)
I'm guessing I got a bad unit, then

If you have everything backed up, maybe try doing a hard reset and see if that fixes it for you.

brazen 01-22-2009 02:11 AM

Same problem. When flipped to landscape mode, text gets jumbled, particularly in text boxes where text has already been entered.

Flip back to portrait and it's fine.

bjtech 01-22-2009 09:08 AM

I recently had the same problem (yesterday). It has something to do with cleartype in landscape mode. I did this reg edit to fix it:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\GDI\ClearTypeSettings]
"OffOnRotation"="1"

Mine was set to "0". There may be other solutions, but this worked for me. Only problem is this disables cleartype in landscape mode.

gameday22 02-02-2009 11:36 AM

As per bjtech's advice:

Editing the registry setting and putting the clear type text to off in the landscape mode fixed the disappearing text.

Look for this in your registry, Change the 0 to 1 and save it:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\GDI\ClearTypeSettings]
"OffOnRotation"="1"

It is set to "0" by default. There may be other solutions, but this worked for me. Only problem is this disables cleartype in landscape mode. In portrait mode everything works correctly even with cleartype on. Do a soft reset after applying this edit

You can get a registry editor that will work on your Touch Pro. Personally I prefer PHM's registry editor program which you can get at:

http://www.phm.lu/downloads/download.aspx?{940B734A-C437-41C7-ADED-2A4418802FD3}

Under Package Selection download: Pocket PC 2000,2003 (ARM, PXA), this is the correct one for the Sprint HTC Touch Pro. I am not sure if it is correct for any other devices.

As always these programs are use at your own risk, if your not comfortable editing stuff in the registry then I would suggest leaving it alone and going into a Sprint service store to get technical assistance.

Good Luck :thumbleft:

Bizill 02-02-2009 11:46 AM

use the diamond tweak program. it offers the ability to turn off cleartype in landscape mode without manually going into the registry. i just learned this last night and it took care of my issues as well. it seems that i enabled the cleartype in landscape and hadn't realized it was myself who caused this problem in the first place. lol. beware what you do without knowing for sure what it is in fact you are doing. lol.