PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2009, 02:04 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon aka VZW aka BigRed

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad
What Resolution/FPS/Format are recommended for Good Video Playback & TV OUT

I have Verizon HTC Touch Pro w/ 8GB micro SD. i am wanting to put some music videos on it. most of my videos are avi, mpeg. when i copy the videos as they are they wont play. i tried using Total Video Converter 3.14 but i couldnt really get a clear picture and fill the complete screen.

what settings and programs can be recommended to get a clear picture? video size? frames per second? file type?

Also what about the TV out? what resolution would be good?

i bought an adapter off ebay that looked like it was spray painted with a knob attached to it. every time i connect it the phone locks up. it starts to initialize, but then locks up. any ideas on that?
Old 01-20-2009, 02:09 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07
Re: What Resolution/FPS/Format are recommended for Good Video Playback & TV OUT

I am a big fan of Kinoma for playing back media, but everybody has their own preference... It supports a lot of video formats... I recommend setting the video resolution to VGA (640x480), that is the native resolution of the Touch Pro.. I am not sure about fps.. Video size should not matter... However, if you are storing the video on your Storage Card, you may be interested in this tweak, which speeds up your storage card...
Old 01-20-2009, 07:18 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignadad View Post
I have Verizon HTC Touch Pro w/ 8GB micro SD. i am wanting to put some music videos on it. most of my videos are avi, mpeg. when i copy the videos as they are they wont play. i tried using Total Video Converter 3.14 but i couldnt really get a clear picture and fill the complete screen.

what settings and programs can be recommended to get a clear picture? video size? frames per second? file type?

Also what about the TV out? what resolution would be good?

i bought an adapter off ebay that looked like it was spray painted with a knob attached to it. every time i connect it the phone locks up. it starts to initialize, but then locks up. any ideas on that?
Are the vids you are trying to play mpeg4? As mpeg4 and avi use the same codecs mostly. Try using this cause most likely, those vids are encoded in H.264.
Attached Files
File Type: cab h264.cab (388.3 KB, 12 views) Click for barcode!
Old 01-20-2009, 07:26 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro> EVO

tx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to tx_jaycee

Also take a look at Technology1's thread here.
He's posted a TCMP version and additional codecs as well as other video drivers for the TP
Old 01-20-2009, 07:34 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_jaycee View Post
Also take a look at Technology1's thread here.
He's posted a TCMP version and additional codecs as well as other video drivers for the TP
Those will work too!
Old 01-20-2009, 08:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Prē

fr4nk1yn is keeping up the good workfr4nk1yn is keeping up the good workfr4nk1yn is keeping up the good work

Non of the programs I use are freeware ):

AnyDVD and CloneDVD Mobile at no more than 550kb/s with interlacing, I'm waffling on that one, at 640x272 played on Core.

It's a good and addictive combo I now have 7 converted DVDs on my phone.
Blade Trilogy anyone? (:
Radio: Sprint 1.11.00F
Old 01-21-2009, 09:49 AM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Threadstarter

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad

what about m2v files? i have a lot of those too. will it play that?
Old 01-21-2009, 10:03 AM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Threadstarter

i tried the cab and all it will play i wmv.
the vids i have are in mpg, m2v, avi, mpeg.

i can convert if nessacary. buy what would be the best format and resoultion for best playback?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro