PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Bluetooth Audio and Device Ringing (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=53990)

UBERG33K 01-20-2009 11:39 AM

Bluetooth Audio and Device Ringing

When my Pro is paired with my BT headset, NO audio comes through the device.
I don't ALWAYS have my headset in. Is there a way to have incoming calls ring both the headset AND the device?

Thanks to all that have any suggestions.

gator352 01-20-2009 04:32 PM

Re: Bluetooth Audio and Device Ringing

What modifications have you done to your phone? I'll try to help you! Mine rings thru both BT and phone when I get an incommong call.

mapleleaf14 01-20-2009 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gator352 (Post 654221)
What modifications have you done to your phone? I'll try to help you! Mine rings thru both BT and phone when I get an incommong call.

Ditto...mine rings on both. Maybe a tweak you have done altered this?!?

Dr.8820 01-20-2009 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UBERG33K (Post 653555)
When my Pro is paired with my BT headset, NO audio comes through the device.
I don't ALWAYS have my headset in. Is there a way to have incoming calls ring both the headset AND the device?

Thanks to all that have any suggestions.

go to start>settings>sounds & notifications>check events,programs and notifications.this should let your phone ring in your bt as well as your device.hope this helps.

gator352 01-20-2009 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr8820 (Post 654349)
go to start>settings>sounds & notifications>check events,programs and notifications.this should let your phone ring in your bt as well as your device.hope this helps.

He doesn't have to check events... Just programs/notifications for it to work but thats enabled by default.

UBERG33K 01-20-2009 05:36 PM

I have done the Audiopara modification. The audio was just WAY too quiet for my taste.

I tried the settings change to enable sounds for events and that didn't work either.

Also on a side note I have the Voyager 855 BT headset. I don't know if that would make any difference, but I thought I should mention it.

gator352 01-20-2009 07:05 PM

try uninstalling the audiopara and see if that helps. If not, you can always reinstall it but that shouldn't have caused the issue. The BT shouldn't cause that issue either. This may sound stupid, but have you tried turning your main volume and incomming volume and in call volume all the way up?

Dr.8820 01-20-2009 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gator352 (Post 654357)
He doesn't have to check events... Just programs/notifications for it to work but thats enabled by default.

i had to check those because they were disabled when i got my pro.maybe his is defective?

gator352 01-20-2009 08:37 PM

eh, it's possible but doubt it. if you can, try a different BT to see if it makes a difference but I doubt that too. It's most likely just a bad install.

Wingzfan 01-20-2009 09:47 PM

mine does the exact same thing and the notifications and programs are checked as well as turning the volume all the way up on the system and the ringer. Im not sure if yours does this but my phone will vibrate and my headset (motorola h700) will ring with the ringtone Ive selected for incoming calls. I just came from a ppc-6700 and it would ring and my BT would ring with the default motorola ringer. I actually prefer the way the TP is working though. Now I can actually hear my BT ring and I can keep my phone quite when Im somewhere I dont wont my phone to be heard (I dont feel the vibrate very well).

UBERG33K 01-21-2009 10:08 AM

Quote:

try uninstalling the audiopara and see if that helps. If not, you can always reinstall it but that shouldn't have caused the issue. The BT shouldn't cause that issue either. This may sound stupid, but have you tried turning your main volume and incoming volume and in call volume all the way up?
That did it!!! Which kinda sucks that it worked. The audio is pretty quiet and that helped.
Are you aware of any alternatives?

Wingzfan 01-21-2009 01:22 PM

Ok now Im curious. I dont have audiopara installed and mine still only rings the BT and only vibrates the phone while BT is on.

hibby50 01-21-2009 01:23 PM

there is a cab that funnels it all through.... i would find and try it