PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2009, 07:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Deutch is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Deutch
Re: High Detail Pics of Ghost Armor on your TP? (Not liking BodyGaurdz much)

I'm also a big fan of Best Skins Ever. I first used them on a treo 700p and Samsung Blade for two years and they were great. After I switched our phones to the Vogues, I tried the invisible shields. They were nice, but I didn't see any difference between the two to justify the additional cost. I got a new ipod for Christmas and immediately put a BSE on it I love it.

The only negative (for me) is that the screen protector on a touch screen seems a little grabby. The motion isn't real smooth and my finger seems to stick if I use any kind of swiping motion. I will probably stick with the HTC screen protector when my Touch Pro gets here but the rest of the phone will be covered by the BSE.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

Darkflame808 is keeping up the good workDarkflame808 is keeping up the good work

I have to ask, does the best skins ever have that sticky grippy feel?...I can't stand it.

I have to say i'm very disappointed with my invisibleshields.

Here's why.

1. The backing they use is like 2-ply. One is hard, the other is paper thin. When you go to separate the backing from the sticker one of two things happens (either you succeed or you end up peeling half of the backing off leaving the sticker stuck to a hair thin piece of paper from which point it is so pliable and flimsy you will get nowhere with it.

2. The chrome pieces are longer then they should be. This ends up in overlaps or covering my speaker hole.

3. They don't come with template that explains where each piece goes.

I understand that I am not gonna put a circular piece on my bezel but still when you got 4 pieces that look like they would fit (although not perfectly cause a lot of them don't) you don't understand which piece goes where.

4. The solution they give you says to spray your hands and all the parts yet they give you enough to give your hands and each part about 1.5 sprays before you run out.

5. The thing is sticky (I understand the grippiness factor for not wanting to drop it but when you are trying to scroll with your finger (or your fingernail on a scroll-bar, it just ends in fustration for me.

I don't know I was happier with my original touch pro protector that came with it then I am with this.

Ah well...I learned.....
Old 01-21-2009, 12:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro.
Threadstarter

Rento_VW is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagual View Post
My pictures look similar to those, however I decided to remove the thin strips above the screen (pictured there) and on the bottom because they kept peeling in the corners every so often, and getting dirty. There's really not much for them to protect anyway. Other than those, I'm very happy with the Ghost Armor which has done a good job protecting the phone, and it's almost totally unnoticable. It also made the screen respond better, less slippery from grease and oil, and improved the feel of the phone in my hand in my opinion.
So looks like it's a waste for me to re-apply a Ghost Armor... great...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator352 View Post
take a pin and poke a hole to let the air out. I garrantee to you after a day it will fall flat and smooth out.
They are open to the air... It's why I had rubber bands on them, so that they stuck to the phone... but w/e.... Maybe if I had made cuts in them to make the notch better, it would have worked....

This bites.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch/ sprint
Carrier: sprint

rbrown13 is just getting started

The BSE don't have as sticky a feel as the IS does, the big point for the BSE compaired to some other skins is the way the corners on the back cover come together. the BSE have a tighter fit than ant of the oters thus they don't tend to lift or peel on the corners and BSE have the full chrome wrap around protection. I am as of today running the seidio innocase that I received this morning and the innocase fit so snugly I had to take the BSE off the TP to get a perfect fit. as I posted in the acc. sticky this innocase is in my opinion the best full body protection out there along with a good screen protector.
Old 01-21-2009, 01:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Nagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rento_VW View Post
So looks like it's a waste for me to re-apply a Ghost Armor... great...
Depends on what you mean by "re-apply."
Old 01-21-2009, 05:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro.
Threadstarter

Rento_VW is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrown13 View Post
The BSE don't have as sticky a feel as the IS does, the big point for the BSE compaired to some other skins is the way the corners on the back cover come together. the BSE have a tighter fit than ant of the oters thus they don't tend to lift or peel on the corners and BSE have the full chrome wrap around protection. I am as of today running the seidio innocase that I received this morning and the innocase fit so snugly I had to take the BSE off the TP to get a perfect fit. as I posted in the acc. sticky this innocase is in my opinion the best full body protection out there along with a good screen protector.
Well The back corners do look a bit better... Judging by the layouts on the site... But not sure if i'm willing to chance that much on it, not yet atleast...

The BodyGaurdz still has better chrome protection as it covers every single bit of chrome, wrapping around the thin chrome strips around the power and volume buttons, going around the stylus.

Too bad they don't make a crystal clear case... Only problem I see with the case is stuff going between the case and phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagual View Post
Depends on what you mean by "re-apply."
Ummm taking off the BG skin and putting on a GA skin... Pretty much applying the same exact annoyances since it has been stated the front chrome strips peel and the back corners bubble.

Last edited by Rento_VW; 01-21-2009 at 05:49 AM.
Old 01-21-2009, 02:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Nagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rento_VW View Post
Ummm taking off the BG skin and putting on a GA skin... Pretty much applying the same exact annoyances since it has been stated the front chrome strips peel and the back corners bubble.
There are no guarantees. Although the chrome strips peeled I COULD have cleaned and reapplied them, I just chose not to. And I didn't end up with any bubbles on the back whatsoever.

I think it just depends how well you apply it, mostly. GA has been good to me overall, I'm not tossing it because of those two small pieces. (And if I complained to them they might replace it for me, but I'm not doing that. At least not yet.)
Old 01-21-2009, 03:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Alltel

igotgame knows their stuffigotgame knows their stuffigotgame knows their stuffigotgame knows their stuffigotgame knows their stuffigotgame knows their stuff

I hated the Ghost Armor...I actually sent my back and got a refund.

Now BSE is awesome for what I wanted...to protect my front screen (I have a case on my phone)...first day or so it felt a little rubbery, but now I can't feel that at all....it's great.
Old 01-21-2009, 03:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

DSGamer is just getting started

Would Invisible Shield be the best choice if professionally installed? In my hometown we actually have an Invisible Shield authorized reseller that does installs. They charge like $10 to do the install for you.
PDA/Smartphone History: Casio Cassiopeia A-10 -> HP Jornada 430 -> HP Jornada 720 -> HP Joranda 545 -> HP Jornada 720 -> Compaq iPaq 3760 -> Palm m130 -> Palm Zire 31 -> Sharp Zaurus SL-5500 -> Palm m130 -> Palm Centro -> HTC Touch Pro -> T-Mobile G1 -> HTC Touch Pro -> Palm Centro -> HTC Touch Pro

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro