PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2009, 03:13 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

synn21588 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hard button backlight!

My hard button backlights are staying on even when the phone is on sleep! How do i change it back to normal!
Old 01-20-2009, 03:21 AM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Hard button backlight!

Change it?

I've noticed this is a bug which sometimes appears.

Turn the phone on, unlock the screen if you have a locking program. Touch the center button (which would normally make the lights come on), don't need to press it till it clicks, just touch.

Now let the phone go back into standby, or press the power button... they should go off. It just seems like they get stuck on sometimes.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

kmartburrito is keeping up the good workkmartburrito is keeping up the good work

I'm having this issue as well, it happens ALL the time. What I find works is I turn back on my screen, hit the end key, and then turn the screen back off.

What I want to know is, though, what's causing this to happen? It's annoying, and we need to conserve as much precious battery life as possible with these TPs.

I'm using (currently) S2u2 1.50d as a locking program, and I started noticing this bug (no idea if it happened before then) with version 1.37, so it's been happening for quite some time.

Any ideas?

I'm using Dream's rom too btw

If I've helped you in any post, please take a second to thank me using the icon. Thanks! :P
Old 02-26-2009, 12:15 PM
mmmm Freebirds
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (X2)

Darkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIP

I have this issue as well. I have always turned it on and touched the center button and then turned it back off and it fixes it until the next time. Problem is that I always just hit the power and put it in the case. I may not know that they are light for several hours, then the battery has taken a hit.

I have not used S2U2, and this is happening on the Stock sprint ROM and Mighty 4.8 (current)

Good things don't end in 'eum,' they end in 'mania'...or 'teria'
Easily switch between TouchFlo and Mobile Shell
If you like my work feel free to
Old 02-26-2009, 12:17 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

when i was stock without s2u2 it happened and i just goto any tab then go to sleep mode and it quits. its a known issue. not a big deal for me.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

kyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

It happens to me also..But I end up having to reboot the phone to get it to shut off..I'm gonna go with its a bug because it happened to me when I was using the stock rom also.
Old 02-26-2009, 01:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

akastixx is keeping up the good workakastixx is keeping up the good work

to all: make sure you have no unchecked notifications.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro