PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2009, 05:45 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Possible to downgrade to WM6.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobross View Post
<p>Uno momento while I just upload an .nbh from the Advantage for you...</p>

edit:scratch that, here's the whole enchilada for you. The fun part is pulling it apart

http://rapidshare.com/files/74861920...2.35.110.4.zip

Couldnt agree more!

Perfect, that should be better.

Downloading now but need to go to bed. Work in 4 hours! Ughhhhh

Donations always accepted but never expected!

Last edited by scrosler; 01-20-2009 at 05:47 AM.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:47 AM
Lurker

bobross is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Good luck! Sleep does sound good about now.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:13 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobross View Post
Good luck! Sleep does sound good about now.

Yup. Already back up for work.

I will work on this when I get out. Shoudl be doable to some extent.

Thanks much for posting that RUU. I was looking around but dont know much about HTC phones other than the Titan, Vogue, and TP. Well, the Apache too but i was a Super Noob back on in the Apache days.....

Now Im just a noob ;c)
Old 01-20-2009, 10:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/ Driod Incredible
Carrier: The red headed stepchild

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level

If you manage to get WM6 ported over remember one VERY VERY VERY ... oh ya, did I say VERY yet? ... important thing. You need to port the GPS services and drivers from WM6.1 or you'll be taking your device back to the stone ages so to speak.

Accepted NOT Expected
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:13 PM
The Trend Setter
Pocket PC: Touch Pro ....
Carrier: Me

jakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation level

the question is why would you want to port over a outdated os ? keep in mind that 6.0 wasn't even out for a year before you got 6.1 which now at its later builds has become much more stable if you just want to do this just for kicks .... ok but keep in mind that this device was designed around 6.1 so it may not be stable
Old 01-21-2009, 09:33 AM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

the op stated that his apps he needs for work do not function on 6.1
Old 01-21-2009, 10:41 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

WM 6.0, there are some that prefer it. stability wise.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 01-21-2009, 02:39 PM
pro_b

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I think it would be cool to see how this turns out.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

sfld is keeping up the good worksfld is keeping up the good work

Is there anyway i could keep everything the same, but simply go back to the older internet explorer?
Old 01-28-2009, 03:13 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
I need some help. I have never cooked without a payload file. Do you have a payload I can drop in? Or how do I conver the XIP Folder to a payload? Never done this before.
If the xip folder has xip files in it, you run it throug bepe's buildxip program to make a xip partition. Once you have a xip partition, you insert it.

...and buildxip has bugs, so have fun

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro