PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Will Sprint Give Me A New Phone (sliding issues) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=53936)

Sim-X 01-19-2009 11:05 PM

Will Sprint Give Me A New Phone (sliding issues)

I got this phone from Best Buy when it first came out. I know I can't excahnge it there but a couple of things. The home button is starting to raise. Also when I open the keyboard a lot of the times the lights don't come on for the keyboard and the screen will not rotate on it's own. So I have to close the keyboard and open it again. Sometime several times before the lights come and and it rotates. Has anyone else had similar issues and what is the warranty on the phone and will sprint give me a new one on site or will they even give me a new one? I have a corporate store not that far from my work. I was gonna stop by maybe this week or next.

Dr.8820 01-19-2009 11:17 PM

Re: Will Sprint Give Me A New Phone (sliding issues)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sim-X (Post 652737)
I got this phone from Best Buy when it first came out. I know I can't excahnge it there but a couple of things. The home button is starting to raise. Also when I open the keyboard a lot of the times the lights don't come on for the keyboard and the screen will not rotate on it's own. So I have to close the keyboard and open it again. Sometime several times before the lights come and and it rotates. Has anyone else had similar issues and what is the warranty on the phone and will sprint give me a new one on site or will they even give me a new one? I have a corporate store not that far from my work. I was gonna stop by maybe this week or next.

only if you have tep.otherwise,take it back to worst buy.

BigDiesel07 01-19-2009 11:18 PM

I believe the warranty is either 6 months or a year... That is the one from HTC... They may give you a new one, but you always raise the risk of getting a phone that has MORE issues then what you currently have... But yes, you should get a new or probably a refurbed model...

Sim-X 01-21-2009 04:26 PM

ok, thanks guys. I do have TEP but take care of my phone. I have never dropped it (I'm gonna jinx myself now) and is in excellent shape. I might stop by there next week and see what they say. Have you heard of anyone else having similar issues? I don't really notice anything else except the keyboard which I think is getting worse and the raised home button which sounds someone common.

BigDiesel07 01-21-2009 04:27 PM

I have never experienced the keyboard issue myself.. But with TEP your good to go - - >

Dr.8820 01-21-2009 04:43 PM

when you get your new phone,make sure to post your build date in the build date forum and also the rom.thanks!

keithk_1973 01-21-2009 04:50 PM

The HTC warranty is 1 year, but you will have to call them and arrange to send it back to them. If you go to a Sprint store that has technicians they should be able to swap it out for you.

scrosler 01-21-2009 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDiesel07 (Post 656446)
I have never experienced the keyboard issue myself.. But with TEP your good to go - - >

Yeah, I see it every now and then.

Not hardware. Software issue. Soft reset solves every time for me.

Although this issu COULD be differnt but I doubt it. Sounds like the classic symptoms of driver crash.

Is there an event log in CE OS? If so anyone know how to acces it?

EDIT: The warranty will be covred by HTC. That is federal law. If a mnufacture gives a waranty and you abide by it they have to honor as long as it was purchaed at an Auth dealer, which BBY is. This deos not mean they have to ship you a new phone or even a refurb. They reserved the right to repair and only replace at there descrition. I would find it hard to beleive though they would try to repair it. Not a good system of fix and return. Easier to depot the device and send you a refurb. Its like an assembly line. Bad phone comes in. Goes to depot repair. Fixed. Goes to refurb stock. Inthe meantime you get the refurb stock and they replenish with your device.