PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2009, 10:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

aprilarchambeau is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to aprilarchambeau Send a message via Yahoo to aprilarchambeau
Can someone please explain the plan change thing to me?Difference between data/vision

I had an Instinct for a few days before I got my Pro, Sprint knew I was doing the exchange but wanted to switch me out with something before my 30 days was up with my old phone, so I switch to the $129.99 data pack with 1500 shared minutes. I just talked to account services about my battery, and the guy told me that within 90 days, they can switch me back to my old plan, which was $79.99 a month for 1400 minutes but I got alot of discounts, now I asked him, whats the difference between the $10 or $15 vision pack and the data, he didn't know. I don't wanna get charged for all of this data usage, I don't get online much anyways, the only thing I would use it for is Yahoo Messenger, Youtube, and sending and receiving pictures. Can anyone explain this to me a little better? And let me know if I would be fine with the vision pack and my old plan vs what I have now?
Old 01-19-2009, 10:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

letsgoflyers81 is keeping up the good workletsgoflyers81 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to letsgoflyers81
Re: Can someone please explain the plan change thing to me?Difference between data/vi

Vision is Sprint's data service, Power Vision specifically for EV-DO. If you have an unlimited Vision pack, whether it's a really old $10 or $15 add-on or one of the currently bundled plans, you have unlimited data on your phone. You're technically not supposed to tether with a computer but you can go through as much data on your phone as you want at no extra charge.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro
Threadstarter

aprilarchambeau is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to aprilarchambeau Send a message via Yahoo to aprilarchambeau
Re: Can someone please explain the plan change thing to me?Difference between data/vi

Ok thank you so much! I just wanted to make sure, the guy said the escalation department when they called me back tomorrow would switch me back to my old plan and add the vision for the $10 or $15, I forget what it is, but I knew that you could purchase data for $30, I just wanted to make sure I was not going to get tons of charges
Old 01-20-2009, 11:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

letsgoflyers81 is keeping up the good workletsgoflyers81 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to letsgoflyers81

No problem. The only thing you want to check is if that add-on includes extras like Text and Picture Messaging, Sprint TV, Sprint Nav, etc. Extras like that might now be included with the older plans, depending on what they are.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro