PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2009, 03:40 PM
HTC = TAIWAN! =)
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

twe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Best case on ebay

I would like to order a case to cover up the stupid chrome on my touch pro because the chrome is flaking off.

i found that the seidio case to be best looking but i don't want to pay 40 bucks for that case. anyone buy a case from ebay which looks a lot like the seidio case?

i know that theres a thread here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=41805, but that thread is loaded with information and it's hard to search for reviews.

Sprint Fair and Flex 500mins - unlimited; text, data, N&W@6pm (perks) - Sprint Pick 3, Unl Incoming Mins
ROMS: Vin. Pluto. (M2.5), Mighty (M2.5), Energy (M2.5)
Old 01-19-2009, 04:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Sprint SERO 500

tracerit is becoming a great contributor
Re: Best case on ebay

I just bought this case off ebay for $8: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&ih=012&ih=002

I believe it's similar to the SEIDIO case, but just cheaper. The key is to get one with a black interior. I bought a hard rubberized case for my Diamond once but it was a white plastic interior and they just painted it black on the outside and then rubberized it, the quality sucked really bad and it flaked off. I then got one that was actually black plastic and then rubberized, and found the quality to be outstanding, no flaking for 1 month (compared to only 2 days for the former case!). So i asked around ebay all the sellers if the inside of their cases were black plastic and the seller above lived in LA, which was close to me, so i got the case. The case is PERFECT! No flaking, feels great, secures snuggly, the phone doesn't slide around. I love the feel so much i prefer to just hold the phone instead of putting it in my pocket I don't know how much better the SEIDIO case can do really. The oonly thing i'm bothered with is that some of the chrome still shows, but there's nothing anyone can do about that, otherwise it would interfere with the sliding mechanism. The whole front face is covered, so you don't see any chrome at all, so that's all that matters to me

Overall, if you're looking to get a full body case, go with the one I linked above, I have it and I love it! I might just pick another up just in case this one fails, but I highly doubt it will anytime soon!
Old 01-19-2009, 04:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

Atticus is a n00b

Thats case looks pretty close to the Seidio ones, do you have any actual pics of your phone with the case?
Old 01-19-2009, 04:13 PM
HTC = TAIWAN! =)
Threadstarter

twe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i would like to see the back cover of the case. i like how seidio left a opening all the way open
Old 01-19-2009, 04:18 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twe90kid View Post
I would like to order a case to cover up the stupid chrome on my touch pro because the chrome is flaking off.

i found that the seidio case to be best looking but i don't want to pay 40 bucks for that case. anyone buy a case from ebay which looks a lot like the seidio case?

i know that theres a thread here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=41805, but that thread is loaded with information and it's hard to search for reviews.
i use the oem case from the sprint store.it's only $20 and fits the phone like a glove.
Old 01-19-2009, 04:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Here are some pictures
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAGE_001.jpg (537.1 KB, 195 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg IMAGE_002.jpg (478.5 KB, 140 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg IMAGE_003.jpg (447.1 KB, 134 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg IMAGE_004.jpg (412.0 KB, 132 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg IMAGE_005.jpg (427.5 KB, 134 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-19-2009, 04:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker

more pictures
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAGE_006.jpg (425.6 KB, 116 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg IMAGE_007.jpg (557.6 KB, 98 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg IMAGE_008.jpg (431.7 KB, 98 views) Click for barcode!
Old 01-19-2009, 04:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker

another word of advice, it hugs the phone snuggly with two snaps near each corner. i'm afraid if i want to take the phone out of the case the snaps will break off, so once you have it on. i'm getting an 8gb microsdhc card coming in, i'm quite afraid of taking the case off :P
Old 01-19-2009, 08:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

dole is becoming a great contributor

In for 1. Hoping that this isn't one that spreads the slider apart, but for 7 bucks... meh, might as well.
Verizon: Motorola v325

"Make a u-turn, and then, continue"
Old 01-20-2009, 12:40 AM
HTC = TAIWAN! =)
Threadstarter

i think it would creat some kind of gap between the screen and the keyboard

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro