PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2009, 10:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

teamvarsity87 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch pro will not turn on!!

I bought my touch pro about a week ago from Best Buy. It worked great until today. Last night I put it on the charger like I always do and when I woke up the white light on the action button(the little one that goes in a circle on the front of the phone) was solid white. When I went to interact with it the screen remained blank and i couldn't do anything. I tried to turn it on, take the battery out, and even use a different outlet. I even went as far to try and charge it in my computer. I am hoping it is just the charger/ battery that is not working because now when I plug it in to he wall sometimes the the little light on the front comes on for a few seconds and then goes off and does not blink or light up again. I am going to take it to Best Buy tommorow as I work today. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:48 AM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!
Carrier: Sprint

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Touch pro will not turn on!!

Phone is defective. I would exchange it if I were you because that is not normal!
Old 01-18-2009, 10:48 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamvarsity87 View Post
I bought my touch pro about a week ago from Best Buy. It worked great until today. Last night I put it on the charger like I always do and when I woke up the white light on the action button(the little one that goes in a circle on the front of the phone) was solid white. When I went to interact with it the screen remained blank and i couldn't do anything. I tried to turn it on, take the battery out, and even use a different outlet. I even went as far to try and charge it in my computer. I am hoping it is just the charger/ battery that is not working because now when I plug it in to he wall sometimes the the little light on the front comes on for a few seconds and then goes off and does not blink or light up again. I am going to take it to Best Buy tommorow as I work today. Any help would be appreciated.
Try putting the batter in and going to a a bootloader or hard reset screen. Tell me if that does anyting at all?

EDIT: Or try to just hit the reset hole by itself.

Donations always accepted but never expected!

Last edited by scrosler; 01-18-2009 at 10:50 AM.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:50 AM
VIP Member

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator352 View Post
Phone is defective. I would exchange it if I were you because that is not normal!
Ive had it happen with my Vogue which is why I think he should atleast give it a shot... But to your note... Its defective for sure.

EDIT: then again... Maybe the bootloader is just stuck. I have seen strange things happen....

Last edited by scrosler; 01-18-2009 at 10:53 AM.
Old 01-18-2009, 11:16 AM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
Ive had it happen with my Vogue which is why I think he should atleast give it a shot... But to your note... Its defective for sure.

EDIT: then again... Maybe the bootloader is just stuck. I have seen strange things happen....
Yeah, I would have mentioned that but he stated he took the batt out already and still would not turn on.
Old 01-18-2009, 11:41 AM
Lurker

sassy2classy is a n00b

Bare with me....I'm new to the cellphone forums.
But I saw your conversation and decided to create an account to tell you that I had the same experience this morning also. I am on my fourth phone from Best Buy, this is the second time this has happened out of the four phones.
I tried to do a soft reset...nothing...finally pulled the battery out..nothing...installed battery back in and reconnected it to charger and I believe another soft reset when it finally rebooted. Today is my last day before the 30 day return policy expires.
I'm not sure I should try to swap it out after reading a ton of other issues people were having with their phones. I don't want to go back to my 700wx and haven't seen another phone I'm interested in at this time.
Decisions....decisions...
Old 01-18-2009, 11:55 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassy2classy View Post
But I saw your conversation and decided to create an account to tell you that I had the same experience this morning also. I am on my fourth phone from Best Buy, this is the second time this has happened out of the four phones.
I tried to do a soft reset...nothing...finally pulled the battery out..nothing...installed battery back in and reconnected it to charger and I believe another soft reset when it finally rebooted. Today is my last day before the 30 day return policy expires.
I'm not sure I should try to swap it out after reading a ton of other issues people were having with their phones. I don't want to go back to my 700wx and haven't seen another phone I'm interested in at this time.
do you have tep?if so,have sprint replace it.there is just something about those worst buy phones!
Old 01-18-2009, 11:59 AM
Lurker

sassy2classy is a n00b

Yes, I purchased the Touch Pro phone through Best Buy.
Are you saying Sprint will allow me to swap it out even though I orginally purchased it from Best Buy??
I am almost afraid to see the next headache I will experience.
Keyboard backlight is only visible for 7 seconds.

****Go Steelers...hope they win today.
Old 01-18-2009, 12:06 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
DUDE THIS IS WEIRD!

My phone just powered down on its own!

Like an hour ago!

Im not making this up and I am not joking! I just had to power it back up with power button.

WTF???? Y2k09?????

This is really spooky!

I am gonna link this thread to my thread in the upgrades foruym and ask my ROM users if they saw this.

Could it be carrier shut down command or possibly strange coincidence?

Last edited by scrosler; 01-18-2009 at 12:09 PM.
Old 01-18-2009, 12:07 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Yes, I purchased the Touch Pro phone through Best Buy.
Are you saying Sprint will allow me to swap it out even though I orginally purchased it from Best Buy??
I am almost afraid to see the next headache I will experience.
Keyboard backlight is only visible for 7 seconds.

****Go Steelers...hope they win today.
If sprint wont I know HTC has to by law.

And per BestBuy policy they support MFG warranty on every product they sell so they indeed have to help you (Even if it means JUST giving you the MFG telephone number)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro