PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Sliding Keyboard always takes me to TF3d Landscape Menu??? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=53797)

bjt148995 01-18-2009 11:56 PM

Sliding Keyboard always takes me to TF3d Landscape Menu???

Hey guys i soo lost at this point. ive been tryin to change settings to stop the touch pro's sliding keyboard from almost always begin up that screen when i open it. I could be typing a txt message or in opera. it will let me type like 3-6 letters then go to the Home landscape screen. sometimes it will act like im typing for contacts. plz help me guys... am I the only one? wat can i do?

BigDiesel07 01-18-2009 11:59 PM

Re: Sliding Keyboard always takes me to TF3d Landscape Menu???

It's just a quirk of the Touch Pro... There is no setting to change it.. Sorry but it's just something we have to live with until it can be solved or fixed...

leetsauce 01-19-2009 12:11 AM

I've seen some custom ROMs who got this problem taken care of.
I can't recall them by names at the moment though...

[sammich] 01-19-2009 12:28 AM

Never heard of this issue... I'm using Yay4Jugg's 3.0 ROM

BigDiesel07 01-19-2009 12:33 AM

Ahh.. Well I am running the stock Sprint ROM.. It must be an issue with it then...

crownme24 01-19-2009 01:02 AM

that same things pisses me off too, i know exactly how you feel.

shaggylive 01-19-2009 01:59 AM

I'm not convinced I like tf3d. it's the best a stock phones ever come with, but just not my taste. (still miss the scroll wheel & other buttons) also wish cLaunch worked with VGA. just because the pro's got more cpu/ram, doesn't mean I want to have it loaded up all the time.
but the landscape panel really make me want to totally disable tf3d.

[sammich] 01-19-2009 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaggylive (Post 650606)
I'm not convinced I like tf3d. it's the best a stock phones ever come with, but just not my taste. (still miss the scroll wheel & other buttons) also wish cLaunch worked with VGA. just because the pro's got more cpu/ram, doesn't mean I want to have it loaded up all the time.
but the landscape panel really make me want to totally disable tf3d.

It's really a matter of personal preference. If you feel that TF3D makes it more difficult to see the info you need, then it's better to disable it. There are many other programs like phoneAlarm and WAD that are able to provide you with a more efficient interface.

Personally, I like TF3D because it makes everything I need easily accessible.

Smackey 01-19-2009 03:18 PM

Do you by chance have slide to unlock installed(s2u2)? I was having this problem as well. However it stopped when I changed some settings in s2u2. I made it ignore screen rotation and told it not to use keyboard hook.

Just a thought.

Twinsen 01-19-2009 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smackey (Post 651629)
Do you by chance have slide to unlock installed(s2u2)? I was having this problem as well. However it stopped when I changed some settings in s2u2. I made it ignore screen rotation and told it not to use keyboard hook.

Just a thought.

I will give this a try. This is THE most annoying thing about the phone. :(