PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2008, 10:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Airave
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Edwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy All audio keeps coming through Bluetooth Headset. :(

Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere?

All the audio is coming through my Bluetooth Headset. All of it, even Ringtones. It's really annoying. I have a Jabra BT8010. I tried disabling Wireless Stereo and only checking off "Hands Free". But it still routes all sound to my headset.

Is Voice Command to blame? I tried disabling all of them except for Contacts and Phone. But it made no difference.

Anyone else have this problem.

I also noticed that the Bluetooth logo has a tiny pair of headphones around it when it's paired with the Headset. A separate logo with tiny headphones also pops up when "wireless stereo (A2DP) " is enabled as well. Is this just the new status icons, or is it the cause of my sound routing problem?

Anyone else have this problem?

-Ed
Old 10-27-2008, 10:58 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza
Re: All audio keeps coming through Bluetooth Headset. :(

Same here, I hate it and like it at the same time.

I wish there was a way to toggle it?

I don't have my bluetooth headset on my ear 24/7, but it is turned on almost all the time.

It sort of sucks that the audio comes through that instead of the phone......
Old 10-27-2008, 11:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Edwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

It seems deleting the profile and repairing my BT8010 fixes the problem, but it keeps happening. I've already missed a call because I couldn't hear the ringer. I don't like wearing my Bluetooth headset on my ear 24/7.

Edit. I tried soft resetting, and it's OK now. I'll try and pay attention to see if there is a pattern or something that triggers this problem.

Last edited by Edwood; 10-27-2008 at 11:13 PM.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:09 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I always assumed it was a Voice Command setting so the caller ID would be announced in the headset. Have you tried disabling voice command?
Old 10-27-2008, 11:26 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattycerts View Post
I always assumed it was a Voice Command setting so the caller ID would be announced in the headset. Have you tried disabling voice command?

Good idea.....i'll try.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

It seems my BT8010 sometimes gets connected to my Touch Pro. A quck fix is to turn off the BT8010 and then turn it back on. When it re-pairs, it's fine.

I found my BT8010 vibrating incessently for no reason. Apparently it was phantom ringing nonstop. I had to turn it off to get it to stop, and I got some weird error message on my Touch Pro, and had to soft reset it as well.

I hope this isn't a common ocurrence.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:00 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

macevedo is just getting started

I had the same problem with the BT8010 with one of the Mogul Roms. I do not have a Touch Pro yet so I can't verify if this will work or not. The problem lies in the fact that the BT8010 is both, headphones and headset. When it first connects the phone is connecting to the headphones setting instead of the BT. The Jabra has a small button on the front to switch profiles but it never worked for me in the Mogul.

Go to the bluetooth connections, and on the Jabra device do a " right-click" by holdin gthe stylus. A menu will pop out allowing you to change the profile between headset and headphones. If you do not use the headphones functinoality at all then you can simply deselect this service from the Device profile in the bluetooth connections screen as well.

If you use the headset profile the phone will reing on the headset if you enble bluetooth notifications in Voice Command. Otherwise it will ring through the phone. When useing headphone, it will ring through the phone and switch to headset mode when you answer the call.

When you are in the phone screen the little " logo" that indicates you have a BT headset changes according to the profile selected. If using headphones you will see a little headphones graphic without a microhone. When using headset you will see a the graphic depicting headphones and a little boom microphone drawing.
Old 11-21-2008, 07:48 PM
bbf
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2, LG Fathom
Carrier: Sprint, T-Mobile Prepaid

bbf is a n00b

I also have a BT8010 and have the same problems with the Touch Pro.
I only used official sprint ROM's with my Mogul and didn't have this problem. I also had Voice command installed on the Mogul as well.

I think that the problem is that somewhere in Sprint or HTC's customization of the Touch Pro's WM6.1 install they switched on the feature to route all system sounds to the BT HandsFree profile whenever a BT device is connected.

So I can be listening happily to an MP3 using A2DP and the Wireless Stereo profile... then a text message comes in and when the Touch Pro plays the "new message" sound, it routes through the HandsFree profile (low quality) and bumps the HTC Media player off of A2DP and into the void for a while, and then after many seconds it recovers and streams all the audio through the Handsfree profile rather than the Wireless Stereo profile. I have to shutdown the headset and turn it back on before it can sort things out. The same thing happens when I take a call as well... the phone switches the call through to the handsfree profile OK, but doesn't switch the systems sounds back through A2DP when the call is done. :-<
Old 03-13-2009, 03:34 PM
Lurker

jordans is just getting started

I'm having the exact same problem with the BT8010 and the HTC Touch Pro. Hs anybody figured a way to have ring tones and alerts actually ring through the handest and not the earpice?
Old 03-13-2009, 03:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I found out what the problem is. There is no permanent solution so far, but I know when it does it and how to fix it temporarily. It does it regardless of whether or not Voice Command is enabled or not. So you might as well enjoy being able to use Voice command.

Basically when you initiate a data connection for the first time in awhile (anything, like checking email, internet, weather check, aGPS, etc.) it connects to the BT8010. You'll see the musical note icon on your BT8010 headset.

So right after you make a Data Connection, switch your BT8010 on and then off right away. Fixes the problem, but you have to do it every time you initiate a Data connection.

Annoying, but at least I haven't missed a call lately, because it's a common routine for me now.

-Ed

Last edited by Edwood; 03-13-2009 at 03:59 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro