PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2009, 12:00 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT
Re: 2 months+ later are you satisfied?

TP rocks if you rock it, can t rock VZ 1 though unless u smokin rock
Old 01-19-2009, 12:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6850
Carrier: VZW

TwoDawgs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTwoDawgs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTwoDawgs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTwoDawgs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTwoDawgs is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I didn't really care for my TP when I first received it. It was just way too slow, even without any programs installed.

Unlocking the GPS helped but the real change for me came with the first custom ROM release.

I have used quite a few different custom ROMs on my TP. scrosler has been a life saver for my VZW TP.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:10 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

enter260 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalnel View Post
FWIW, keep in mind that no device is "perfect." I wish you well with the Palm Pre, but I'd bet that you'll find forums full of people pointing out its "imperfections," too. One guy's "perfect" is the next guy's "totally sucks."

If you've never owned a smartphone before, you'd be smart to give a lot of thought to what you want it to do before you buy, then read lots of forums to see how well a device you're considering does those things specifically.
i could live with a tp but the problem is, it doesn't do what i need it to do well. i truly believe sprint has the worst selection of phones so my options are limited. if i was on verizon, that would be a different story.

speaking about "imperfections" of the palm pre: people are just pointing out lack of features, not performance issues, as no one has one yet. i was very satisfied with the set of features the tp has. however, some of them are very poorly implemented (slow camera, lagging gps, etc) which annoys the crap out of me. it bothers me so much that it's going back. i know the palm pre won't be a perfect phone but it will be a lot more usuable, for me anyway (or at least i hope)

Last edited by enter260; 01-19-2009 at 12:19 AM.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:17 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by enter260 View Post
i could live with a tp but the problem is, it doesn't do what i need it to do well. i truly believe sprint has the worst selection of phones so my options are limited. if i was on verizon, that would be a different story.
AGAIN,this isn't sprint/verizon.it's about the phone.period.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:17 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Dream, Kaiser, Herman
Carrier: rogers

dan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIP

well, untill last week, this phone was not what I was hoping for, but sinse I cooked up my own custom rom with ppckitchen and flashed the 1.11.00 radio, battery life is excelent, and the rom is so fast it is finished loading stuff before I am done pulling my stylus away after clicking, performance and ability to multitask is far better than the titan ever was, and I would never dream of going back.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:18 AM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

I am alright with it... Happy I have this over the Mogul..
Old 01-19-2009, 12:42 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalnel View Post
I'm coming up on having owned my Verizon Touch Pro for two months, and I was thinking today that I've never been 100% satisfied with the device (although it's not as bad as you'd think from some descriptions). I've tried several different ROMs -- and my hat's off to the wizards who are making that, GPS, etc. happen -- but no matter what I do, this device has never been as solid and speedy as I would have expected.

Frankly, I'm still not finding any major improvements over my 6700. Sure, it has GPS, a thinner form factor, and more storage, but in retrospect, I haven't found the Touch Pro to have been worth the cost of upgrading.

Obviously we all have different needs, uses, and expectations for these devices -- my disappointing device may be the best thing ever for you -- but I'm curious to know how many other people are feeling that the Touch Pro just hasn't met expectations.

Right now, I'd give it a C at best: Not a failure, but just average at most. Of the 10 PDAs I've owned, I'd rate this 7th or 8th.

What about everyone else? Are you satisfied with it?

kal
Best phone I ever owned once I put my Custom on it! See my sig block.

Blows away everything. Not even close at this point! The transformation from stock to Custom made the diff.

One through ten, I give it a 12!

I hopeyou find a phone that you enjoy. Before ditichgin it though, try my ROM. ITs a world difference as far as perf.

I do however miss my hard buttons on the Titan. I got used to it now.... Just give mem my soft keys and a start menu. Thats all I want. But that defats the intent of the phone. Its a touch series phone and not a PPC Phone. I see alot opeopel complain about that but they dont understand the concepts. If this DID have the hard buttons I woudl give it a 15 out of 10 ;c)

Donations always accepted but never expected!

Last edited by scrosler; 01-19-2009 at 12:45 AM.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:15 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

enter260 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr8820 View Post
AGAIN,this isn't sprint/verizon.it's about the phone.period.
i was responding to his comment on how i should research on a smartphone before i buy it, but there is a terrible selection from sprint, aside from the blackberries.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2!
Carrier: Jog PCS

steveoski is keeping up the good worksteveoski is keeping up the good work

i recently switched from the htc diamond to to the pro and flashed to juicy 4.7 and i have to tell you this phone is definatly faster. there is no lag and i can actgually go a couple days without having to do a soft reset or the phone slowing and yada yada yada..
Old 01-19-2009, 01:52 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Tab

kyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I bought my Verizon Touch Pro 12/23/2008 and I loved it when I got it, then I went to Sprint to look at what new phones they had so I decided to look at the Sprint Touch Pro, after I played with the Sprint Touch Pro I felt robbed, its soooo obvious that Sprint put so much more into thier Touch Pro then Verizon did

So it crossed my mind to flash a Sprint Touch Pro onto the Verizon Network or to port my number to Sprint, I decided to go to Best Buy and pay $199.99 for the Sprint Touch Pro which is $88.00 less then I payed for the Verizon Touch Pro.

With the Sprint Touch Pro I got.
1. Unlocked GPS
2. 1 gig micro sd
3. Screen Protector
4. Stereo Headset
5. Carry Case
6. Youtube App
7. 288 MB Ram
8. Mobile Tv
9. Faster data speeds and better reception in my area.

I have called Sprint Customer Service 3 time and it was great

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro