PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2009, 10:26 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50
Re: 2 months+ later are you satisfied?

ur with sprint though^^^^^

Old 01-18-2009, 10:40 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalnel View Post
That's a very good and fair question. I wouldn't say I've ever been 100% satisfied, in the sense that there's always *something* I've wished a device could do or be. (For instance, I always wished my 6700 had been a lot thinner.)

But, normally, I'm pretty satisfied with overall performance. That's what's lacking for me in the Touch Pro.

I think part of my frustration is that I don't jump for the latest and greatest every year (at least the older and poorer I get, that's the case!) So, when I wait a couple of years to upgrade, I expect a considerable performance improvement over my older device. With the Touch Pro, I'm sort of left with the feeling that I might have been wiser to wait another year before upgrading.

That's kind of what prompted me to start the thread. Without getting into a whole it's good/it's bad/Verizon suck/etc debate, I'm just curious if other people are feeling satisfied with their purchase.

kal
the reason i asked is because i had the vougue(touch)and loved it although i felt it lack alot of features.i have upgraded to the pro but with the overheating issues,it makes this phone very hard to use without a couple of batteries nearby.but i won't change models because the next one might be worse.plus a software upgrade is in the works,so i'm going to hold out.maybe this will help you decide.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Fascinate
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Kalnel is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_A_Stain View Post
Sorry to the OP because this is the 1st phone I owned that lived way past what I thought it can do. I had the 6700 and the mogul but nice phones but was missing keythings I needed it to do but the touch pro is a dream come true in a age of iphone not able to copy and paste and blackberry's well they are just blackberry's lol at this point I feel like its not much my touch pro can do. If they make the PIE better and able to use more sites that I can't go to now than I feel like they really made a BEAST. Its A++ in my book
Well, there you go -- it's definitely a perception thing.

In my case, I'd call the keyboards about equal on the (Verizon) TP versus the 6700. I like the shift/function approach and having a numbers row on the TP, but that stupid M placement and a few missing keys are driving me nuts.

As far as functionality, GPS is the only thing that I've found the TP can do that the 6700 couldn't. Of course, the 6700 had IR, which I used a lot and the TP doesn't, so it's give and take.

Personally, I don't think there's any "right" or "wrong" opinion in all this, since it comes down to whether the device does what you the user want it to do, the way you want it to work.

It's just interesting to me to see what everyone thinks after they've had a chance to use it and tweak it for a while.

kal
Old 01-18-2009, 10:52 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

enter260 is a n00b

i bought mines on 12/27/08. right now, it's packaged back up in the box and ready to go back to sprint. at first, i was really satisfied with the device, being as it was the first smart phone i've ever owned. however, after spending a lot of time browsing these forums, reading, learning, switching roms, applying tweaks, i've discovered how imperfect this device is. there are so many issues that annooy me, especially since it's sprint's flagship phone. the final nail in the coffin was the announcement of the palm pre. so i'm gonna wait for that to come out.

edit: just realized this was for the verizon version
Old 01-18-2009, 11:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by enter260 View Post
i bought mines on 12/27/08. right now, it's packaged back up in the box and ready to go back to sprint. at first, i was really satisfied with the device, being as it was the first smart phone i've ever owned. however, after spending a lot of time browsing these forums, reading, learning, switching roms, applying tweaks, i've discovered how imperfect this device is. there are so many issues that annooy me, especially since it's sprint's flagship phone. the final nail in the coffin was the announcement of the palm pre. so i'm gonna wait for that to come out.

edit: just realized this was for the verizon version
FWIW, keep in mind that no device is "perfect." I wish you well with the Palm Pre, but I'd bet that you'll find forums full of people pointing out its "imperfections," too. One guy's "perfect" is the next guy's "totally sucks."

If you've never owned a smartphone before, you'd be smart to give a lot of thought to what you want it to do before you buy, then read lots of forums to see how well a device you're considering does those things specifically.
Old 01-18-2009, 11:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyBeno View Post
Dude the key word is verizon.
That may be, but some of us either don't want to fork out the ETF to make the jump to Sprint, or we stick with VZW because it still provides superior coverage in spite of it's other faults, which is my situation. Neither Sprint, ATT, or T-Mo have the coverage in my end of L.A. that VZW does

Old 01-18-2009, 11:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibby50 View Post
Switch to sprint. I rate mine A+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

And more +s
Hibby. I am confused. Do you like your phone????

Ahahahaha!

Donations always accepted but never expected!
Old 01-18-2009, 11:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: tp2!
Carrier: the one

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff

im wondering if the op would be a lil more satisfied if it wasnt the crippled verizon version.....
Old 01-18-2009, 11:49 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

i, like the op, would like to keep this on topic please.let's not turn this into a verizon/sprint thing.the bottom line is the pro needs help.it doesn't matter who the carrier is,this thread is about the pro.
Old 01-18-2009, 11:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandojumpoff View Post
im wondering if the op would be a lil more satisfied if it wasnt the crippled verizon version.....
Hard to say. I went into this phone with eyes open and was awarre of the VZW limitations/crips, most of which have been addressed thru ROMs. (Can't do much about small memory or keyboard tho...)

I haven't spent much time with the Sprint or ATT versions beyond in-store playing, but based on that, they didn't seem any faster than the VZW.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro