PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2009, 09:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Fascinate
Carrier: Verizon

Kalnel is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
2 months+ later are you satisfied?

I'm coming up on having owned my Verizon Touch Pro for two months, and I was thinking today that I've never been 100% satisfied with the device (although it's not as bad as you'd think from some descriptions). I've tried several different ROMs -- and my hat's off to the wizards who are making that, GPS, etc. happen -- but no matter what I do, this device has never been as solid and speedy as I would have expected.

Frankly, I'm still not finding any major improvements over my 6700. Sure, it has GPS, a thinner form factor, and more storage, but in retrospect, I haven't found the Touch Pro to have been worth the cost of upgrading.

Obviously we all have different needs, uses, and expectations for these devices -- my disappointing device may be the best thing ever for you -- but I'm curious to know how many other people are feeling that the Touch Pro just hasn't met expectations.

Right now, I'd give it a C at best: Not a failure, but just average at most. Of the 10 PDAs I've owned, I'd rate this 7th or 8th.

What about everyone else? Are you satisfied with it?

kal
Old 01-18-2009, 09:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

kyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: 2 months+ later are you satisfied?

Now that GPS is working and Scott has made a good ROM i like the phone a lot more now. Im still not happy about the lack of memory. But overall im happy.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:42 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

Switch to sprint. I rate mine A+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

And more +s

Old 01-18-2009, 09:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

coming from a 700wx to a Mogul then the Touch Pro, I feel it is a definite improvement. worth the $ for sure

Old 01-18-2009, 09:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evolicious

TreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Dude the key word is verizon.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (VZW)

FrozenIpaq is becoming a great contributor

Well worth it, and I paid the full retail price for my phone and am broke as a result. The only thing I'm displeased with is the graphics performance but that is a problem with all TP's. Running a custom ROM is a definite must though, greatly improves things
Old 01-18-2009, 09:51 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalnel View Post
I'm coming up on having owned my Verizon Touch Pro for two months, and I was thinking today that I've never been 100% satisfied with the device (although it's not as bad as you'd think from some descriptions). I've tried several different ROMs -- and my hat's off to the wizards who are making that, GPS, etc. happen -- but no matter what I do, this device has never been as solid and speedy as I would have expected.

Frankly, I'm still not finding any major improvements over my 6700. Sure, it has GPS, a thinner form factor, and more storage, but in retrospect, I haven't found the Touch Pro to have been worth the cost of upgrading.

Obviously we all have different needs, uses, and expectations for these devices -- my disappointing device may be the best thing ever for you -- but I'm curious to know how many other people are feeling that the Touch Pro just hasn't met expectations.

Right now, I'd give it a C at best: Not a failure, but just average at most. Of the 10 PDAs I've owned, I'd rate this 7th or 8th.

What about everyone else? Are you satisfied with it?

kal
i'm curious.have you every had a phone that you were 100% satisfied with?i think where people go wrong is that they upgrade to the newest thing without understanding their needs.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Fascinate
Threadstarter

Kalnel is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr8820 View Post
i'm curious.have you every had a phone that you were 100% satisfied with?i think where people go wrong is that they upgrade to the newest thing without understanding their needs.
That's a very good and fair question. I wouldn't say I've ever been 100% satisfied, in the sense that there's always *something* I've wished a device could do or be. (For instance, I always wished my 6700 had been a lot thinner.)

But, normally, I'm pretty satisfied with overall performance. That's what's lacking for me in the Touch Pro.

I think part of my frustration is that I don't jump for the latest and greatest every year (at least the older and poorer I get, that's the case!) So, when I wait a couple of years to upgrade, I expect a considerable performance improvement over my older device. With the Touch Pro, I'm sort of left with the feeling that I might have been wiser to wait another year before upgrading.

That's kind of what prompted me to start the thread. Without getting into a whole it's good/it's bad/Verizon suck/etc debate, I'm just curious if other people are feeling satisfied with their purchase.

kal
Old 01-18-2009, 10:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evolicious

TreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on rep

In all honesty the core problem is that its still windows mobile 6.1
Old 01-18-2009, 10:25 PM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot

Sorry to the OP because this is the 1st phone I owned that lived way past what I thought it can do. I had the 6700 and the mogul but nice phones but was missing keythings I needed it to do but the touch pro is a dream come true in a age of iphone not able to copy and paste and blackberry's well they are just blackberry's lol at this point I feel like its not much my touch pro can do. If they make the PIE better and able to use more sites that I can't go to now than I feel like they really made a BEAST. Its A++ in my book

*formerly known as Not_A_Stain*

GOOGLE WAVE USER

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro