PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2009, 09:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

slypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Takes A Licking and Keeps On Ticking

OMG, I had two very scary experiences in the past few days.

Here in Jersey, we have been having quite a few minor snow storms lately. Well, my phone took a hell of a fall because of it.

One of the few times I was walking out to my car with my phone in my hands (normally it is ALWAYS in the holster on my hip), I began to slide a bit on some ice. I didnt fall and managed to catch my balance, but unfortunately, my phone went FLYING!!

It went high and far enough to clear my car and when it hit, the battery came out. I saw it take flight and immediately knew that I would have to call Sprint for a replacement.

Turns out, the phone was fine, not even a scratch!

Tonight, I was on the phone holding it between my shoulder and my head...and it falls. Again, battery goes flying..and again...not a scratch!

Put it back together, and everything works fine.

I am sharing this because, I thought the Touch Pro would be a very fragile phone. I didnt think it could survive a fall, much less being tossed far enough to clear a car. But this thing is still going!

Good Job HTC!

-s

Funniest thread ever!!

Don't just SAY "Thanks" PRESS ... Try it, it only takes a second!
Old 01-18-2009, 09:33 PM
lwrdrchvy2

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Takes A Licking and Keeps On Ticking

Sounds like you are having some pretty good luck. Heard from several people that the phone is very fragile in comparison to the mogul.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

slypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwrdrchvy2 View Post
Sounds like you are having some pretty good luck. Heard from several people that the phone is very fragile in comparison to the mogul.
You know, from holding the phone, I thought the same thing. Oddly enough, the first drop the Mogul took (on carpet), the sliding keyboard was loose.

Nothing like that has happened to the TP and both drops were on much harder surfaces than carpet.

Knock on wood lol, hope my luck continues!

-s
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwrdrchvy2 View Post
That is what I have seen. A guy I know has dropeed his TP twice & broke it both times...........(Titan/Moguls are damn near bullet proof)

~John
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

Yea my mogul was a tank. Good to hear though.

Old 01-18-2009, 09:44 PM
lwrdrchvy2

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I dropped my mogul countless times and never had an issue. The only time I had a problem was a night at the bar and I wasnt paying attention when I sat down and my pocket knife shattered the screen due to the pressure. Knocking on wood havent dropped the TP yet.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evolicious

TreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Hell yea the mogul was a tank. That thing took so much abuse it was crazy now that I think about it. As far as the TP its not that fragile. Ive had a bunch of drops where it banged off of stuff and it came out looking good. No chrome chips just a very small screen scratch but it was only noticeable when off
Old 01-18-2009, 10:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

cd85233 is becoming a great contributor

The first TP I had took a fall on the pavement with no protection. When I picked it up, the chrome was banged up, but remarkably the screen had but a few scratches (it landed screen down).

Luckily, I was within my 30 day activation period and added the insurance (even though I bought it on craigslist)

They gave me a new one within one hour, and all was good. Later, I bought a case for my phone on ebay for $7. This case turned out to save my phone twice. Once it landed on the pavement face down, again. The second time it fell like a rock, face down again.

Moral of the story, get some type of protection in your phone. Not sure how a full body protector like skinguardz will do, but a case from ebay goes a long way...or the moral might be, for me at least, get a new holster...

Just my two cents.

-cd85233
Old 01-18-2009, 10:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evolicious

TreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on rep

A little bit of luck helps too
Old 01-18-2009, 11:09 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Ha, the Mogul was a sturdy phone. But my TP hasn't disappointed yet.

I would buy a lottery ticket... You've been having some rare good luck!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro