PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2009, 06:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 on Telus
Carrier: Telus

izuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Dialer pad pops up when sliding keyboard

I installed the black dialer by Hawaii and when i slide out the keyboard or close it the dialer pad pops up. Is there any way to fix this? I've tried to uninstall and reinstall it. Does the same thing. I even did a hard reset and still got the same result. It doesn't pop up after a soft reset. When i make a few phone calls its starts popping up again when i slide the keyboard.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys!
Old 01-18-2009, 06:30 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07
Re: Dialer pad pops up when sliding keyboard

This is just a quirk of the Touch Pro that will be (hopefully) fixed in a future update... There is no way to fix this... Sorry...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-18-2009, 06:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

izuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuff

Thanks a lot for the quick response BigDiesal07. I thought it was just me. Maybe back to the White dialer pad i guess for now or deal with the bug.

Thanks again and take care.
Old 01-18-2009, 07:29 PM
Big MVP Diesel

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level

Your welcome izu... Always happy to help out... I use the stock white dialer pad and it happens too... I found if you open it up slowly, it sometimes won't pop it up...
Old 01-29-2009, 06:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thumbs up Re: Dialer pad pops up when sliding keyboard

Hey BigDiesel07 I solved my problem with the dialer pad popping up when siding or closing the keyboard.

I tried many things for many days and after much trial and error, and many rom flshes and hard resets i got it fixed.

Well i found out what was causing the problem, because i've been problem free for 5 days now, with lots of phone calls outgoing as well as incoming.

i found that the volume up and down was causing the problem when on a call or not on a call. Moreover, i found that the taskbar icons i was using was causing the problem. I was using the tsowentaskbar5 v1.0. I went back to tsowentaskbar2 and never ran into the problem again.

Hope this helps you and anyone else who has run into this problem.

Take care.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:24 PM
Big MVP Diesel

I appreciate the follow up Izu... I am running the taskbar app too... I will see what version I have...
Old 01-29-2009, 06:26 PM
lwrdrchvy2

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

izuzu, i was having the same issue but it was during text msgs when i tried to reply. Did a hard reset and added cabs back one by one checking for issue and found the same problem with the taskbar icons. Just figured I would add my scenario for further confirmation.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:27 PM
Big MVP Diesel

I will make sure Tsowen knows so he can update his post.. Good looking guys!
Old 01-29-2009, 06:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

It was just so annoying i couldn't handle it, so thought i would do some trial and error. It's feels great after finding the solution or the problem.

Take care guys!
Old 01-29-2009, 06:50 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen

Quote:
Originally Posted by izuzu View Post
Hey BigDiesel07 I solved my problem with the dialer pad popping up when siding or closing the keyboard.

I tried many things for many days and after much trial and error, and many rom flshes and hard resets i got it fixed.

Well i found out what was causing the problem, because i've been problem free for 5 days now, with lots of phone calls outgoing as well as incoming.

i found that the volume up and down was causing the problem when on a call or not on a call. Moreover, i found that the taskbar icons i was using was causing the problem. I was using the tsowentaskbar5 v1.0. I went back to tsowentaskbar2 and never ran into the problem again.

Hope this helps you and anyone else who has run into this problem.

Take care.
The problem was in the HTCVolumecontrol.dll, the wrong version of the file was used, also the phone reads the speaket icon from 3 diiferent locations, the HTCVolumecontrol.dll, phcanOverbmp.dll and the shellres.192.dll so all locations have to have matching icons or it will cause this. The problem has been fixed. If you need an update visit my thread in the themes section now. The newset version is 5v1.7
This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro