PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2009, 02:36 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Car Stereo / Touch Pro combinations...

So our phones support A2DP bluetooth which means this is what we should look for in a radio?

Here's what I'm considering:

Sony Xplod MEX-BT2600 $169
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_158MEXB...ures_and_specs

Sony Xplod MEX-BT2700 $159
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_158MEXB...wAll=Y&tp=5684

JVC KD-BT11 $199
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_105KDBT...ures_and_specs

I wanted people's opinions. What are you using? How does audio over bluetooth sound? Should front aux input be a bigger feature to look for than bluetooth?

EDIT:

I ended up going with the Sony BT2600 and I wrote up a small review:
Quote:
Alrighty, well I have just spent about 4 hours playing with my new car stereo (Sony BT2600.) It took about 45 minutes to install, and the instructions from Crutchfield were perfect.

So here are a few things I've found:

First - The absolute best sound quality from phone to stereo comes from the auxiliary input, just as others have said. The sound quality is phenomenal. I disabled the audio boost application that automatically starts when headphones are connected, and the sound quality blew my mind (I've got subs so that helps too lol.)

Bluetooth sound quality was AMAZING for wireless. There is a slight hiss however when the song is paused. It goes away after a few seconds. I guess when nothing is being heard, the stereo cuts the sound or something, but immediately after pressing play the sound returns. Also, song name is not displayed while playing mp3s. I thought this was a per song issue, but none of my songs names were displayed while playing. Bummer.

A note about Bluetooth and delay: When watching a video in coreplayer, bluetooth audio worked, but there was a noticable delay. If I were to entertain a passenger with a movie or two on a long trip, I'd recommend using the auxilary connection.

The install kit it came with has a small section under the radio to store things, and guess what, it fits our phone PERFECTLY. It doesn't scrape when it goes in, but at the same time, if you go over a bump or something it's snug enough that it won't move around. Paired with bluetooth and the phone can be tucked in there without any need to bring it out really because with the stereo you can go to different songs using the controls, and also recieve phone calls (hands free.)

Talking on the phone on this thing is really easy, but sound quality on the other user's end is going to be bad. I listened to what my father sounded like when he spoke to me from inside my car, and there is definitely an echo.

All in all, I'm very pleased with the BT2600 for both it's price and functionality. If I had spent another 100-150, I could have gotten a radio that downloads your phonebook, and also has better control over your mp3s via bluetooth (pause as well as display the name of the song.)
If you're gonna buy anything from Crutchfield let me know. There's a 20 dollar coupon or something for referring a friend.

Last edited by chronster; 01-22-2009 at 12:19 AM.
Old 01-18-2009, 02:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint TP
Carrier: Sprint

IsLNdbOi is keeping up the good workIsLNdbOi is keeping up the good work
Re: Car Stereo / Touch Pro combinations...

I have a Pioneer FH-P8000BT. Supports A2DP and AVRCP. Works very will with my TP. Voice Command / Voice dialing and streaming audio works well b/w the two. Got mine from Crutchfield. Check out FatWallet and SlickDeals.net for Crutchfield coupons.

Last edited by IsLNdbOi; 01-18-2009 at 02:51 PM.
Old 01-18-2009, 03:43 PM
i like turtles
Threadstarter

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
I have a Pioneer FH-P8000BT. Supports A2DP and AVRCP. Works very will with my TP. Voice Command / Voice dialing and streaming audio works well b/w the two. Got mine from Crutchfield. Check out FatWallet and SlickDeals.net for Crutchfield coupons.
How is bluetooth audio quality? It's digital information right? I mean it's not like an FM transmitter is it?

Also, is there such thing as a radio with built in sirius so i don't have to buy anything other than just the radio and the subscription?
Old 01-18-2009, 03:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: evo 4g
Carrier: boost

Isriam is keeping up the good workIsriam is keeping up the good work

I hate sony head units. I've owned top of the line sony, JVC, Kenwood and a few others. Kenwood is by far the best head unit for the money. I would not buy a sony car stereo system.
Old 01-18-2009, 03:46 PM
i like turtles
Threadstarter

What's wrong with them? What makes the others better?
Old 01-18-2009, 05:20 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
What's wrong with them? What makes the others better?
Sony's head units are just ok. Nothing special. They feel cheap and it's almost like they had roadmaster make them. I mean, if one was given to me, i'd use it but I wouldn't buy one.
Old 01-18-2009, 06:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Spint

Iceman5000 is just getting started
Smile Re: Car Stereo / Touch Pro combinations...

I use Pioneer Avic F90BT. It works perfectly. Bluetooth is crystal clear and using slingbox with the video cable I can watch sat TV in my truck!!
Old 01-18-2009, 08:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

wjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to wjrandon Send a message via Yahoo to wjrandon

I'm rocking a Sony MEX-BT5000 in my Santa Fe, I've used it with both my previous Mogal and Touch Pro and it's a perfect combination to listen to satellite radio or your mp3 collection through the car speaker system. With turn-by-turn navigation from Telenav it sounds like I have a $1000 in-dash nav-system. It never fails to impress people. lol

http://www.xplodsony.com/xplod/headunits/MEX-BT5000
Old 01-19-2009, 10:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint TP

IsLNdbOi is keeping up the good workIsLNdbOi is keeping up the good work

I've owned a Sony as well. One of their more recent units (GT920U) and it was a pretty solid unit. It didn't have bluetooth, but it did have a USB port for playing files off of hard drives and flash drives. Worked and sounded pretty good. The Pioneer FH-P8000BT or Premiere FH-P800BT are really solid, good sounding units with lots of useful features. Check out Crutchfield and SonicElectronix. The P8000BT has many positive reviews.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TProUserOnSprint is keeping up the good workTProUserOnSprint is keeping up the good work

I have a stock radio right now. In my friends truck, however, I synced up my phone with his Pioneer AVIC D3. It was awful. Half the time it would not pair up. I wouldn't reccommend it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro