PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2009, 01:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

stevenmh is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Car Stereo / Touch Pro combinations...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
Holy crap I didnt even think about Sirius on my phone. I have a Sirius adapter thing i got for christmas, but I have to pay to have it installed. Is there any downside to using sirius on the phone rather than the radio controller thing?
If you're talking about using your Sirius account and streaming from their website to your phone, it should work fine. I've streamed free internet radio on my phone without any trouble.

If you're talking about using the Sprint Sirius plan, I would recommend against it. I tried Sprint TV and it makes you hit a button every 5 minutes or it shuts off. I would imagine the radio through them is the same way.
Old 01-20-2009, 01:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I'm thinking about getting a BT head unit, but I'm not sure what A2DP will stream. Does it send all audio through the unit when it connects? Or only certain stereo programs like media player? Right now I'm using BTMusic to send all audio to my mono headset, so I can listen to Audible books and get navigation prompts while driving. I don't have any A2DP devices to try out what the profile does. I don't think I want to spend the money for a BT head unit if I still have to deal with BTMusic every time it connects. I can just use a wired cassette adapter with my factory head unit for music/nav, keep wearing my BT headset for voice, and call it good enough. If I can get all audio through the BT connection without BTMusic, though, that would make it a worthwhile to upgrade my head unit.
Old 01-20-2009, 03:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

r1_rydah is keeping up the good workr1_rydah is keeping up the good workr1_rydah is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenmh View Post
I'm thinking about getting a BT head unit, but I'm not sure what A2DP will stream. Does it send all audio through the unit when it connects? Or only certain stereo programs like media player? Right now I'm using BTMusic to send all audio to my mono headset, so I can listen to Audible books and get navigation prompts while driving. I don't have any A2DP devices to try out what the profile does. I don't think I want to spend the money for a BT head unit if I still have to deal with BTMusic every time it connects. I can just use a wired cassette adapter with my factory head unit for music/nav, keep wearing my BT headset for voice, and call it good enough. If I can get all audio through the BT connection without BTMusic, though, that would make it a worthwhile to upgrade my head unit.
a2dp sends all sounds thru bt, except phonecalls, the headset profile handles those... when I 1st get in my vehicle only the headset profile is enabled, I have to manually enable the a2dp profile if I want to use it...
Old 01-20-2009, 03:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Do you enable it in your phone or on the head unit? If you go under BT settings on your phone, select the device, and check the A2DP profile, it doesn't connect and use that profile automatically? If not, is that where you have to go to enable it each time, or is there an easier way?
Old 01-20-2009, 04:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

r1_rydah is keeping up the good workr1_rydah is keeping up the good workr1_rydah is keeping up the good work

enable it from the bt settings on the phone, my a2dp headphones are the same way.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro(SPRINT)

jetjock_fl is a n00b

YEP, the manual A2DP connect everytime you get in th car is a ROYAL PAIN. Not sure why it auto connects the phone but no the stereo. There are alot of settings in the registry that seem to indicate it would connect automatically if enabled, but I can't figure out which ones need to be changed to make it auto enable. Don't even try it while driving or when someone is waiting on your parking spot and for you to leave. You might get shot.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:58 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Bell Mobility

worldwolf is a n00b

i use Pioneer P7000BT. excellent quality in terms of sound and phone feature. call quality is by far best one i've used. AD2P is also good. but still not as good as playing a HQ MP3 or CD on deck. don't get sony deck you'll feel sorry about the sound quality....
Old 01-21-2009, 12:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint TP

IsLNdbOi is keeping up the good workIsLNdbOi is keeping up the good work

The sound quality if the Sony CDX-GT920U that I had was pretty good, but my Pioneer FH-P8000BT's sound quality is better.

If you decide on a Pioneer get the FH-P8000BT or the recently released replacement for the P7000BT, the P7100BT.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:33 AM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

I went with a sony BT2600. I wont be happy with it?

Old 01-21-2009, 01:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint TP

IsLNdbOi is keeping up the good workIsLNdbOi is keeping up the good work

You tell us when you have it and have tried it. I have no personal issues with Sony head units as others do. I've tried them and have found them to be worth the money.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro