PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2009, 07:01 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Car Stereo / Touch Pro combinations...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
So our phones support A2DP bluetooth which means this is what we should look for in a radio?

Here's what I'm considering:

Sony Xplod MEX-BT2600 $169
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_158MEXB...ures_and_specs

Sony Xplod MEX-BT2700 $159
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_158MEXB...wAll=Y&tp=5684

JVC KD-BT11 $199
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_105KDBT...ures_and_specs

I wanted people's opinions. What are you using? How does audio over bluetooth sound? Should front aux input be a bigger feature to look for than bluetooth?
i have a sony cdx-gt520.it has a front aux. port.with the supplied adapter,i got a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable from wally world(wal-mart)and have been streaming music for awhile.my moto h710 is in my ear for the calls.music is crystal clear.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:42 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

So when your phone connects via bluetooth, does it let you fast forward and skip songs via the radio or do you still have to press the phone's screen? Also, does the phone use the car speakers when a call comes in?

Should I look for a radio that uses HD radio?

Old 01-19-2009, 07:50 PM
Account Disabled

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
So when your phone connects via bluetooth, does it let you fast forward and skip songs via the radio or do you still have to press the phone's screen? Also, does the phone use the car speakers when a call comes in?

i don't use bluetooth.i found some static from time to time so i use the wire.the phone does ring thru the car speakers,but i use my h710 to answer.i have a car mount that i got from wally world also that sits in the cup holder and i control my music this way.this sony is hd ready but it cost $100 for the receiver.i have about 700 songs on my card so i wasn't looking into the hd option.streaming via bluetooth only eats the battery faster and you know we need all the juice we can get!
Old 01-19-2009, 07:55 PM
LMG - GEEK, VIP!!!
Pocket PC: HTC TP Pro 2 (From HTC Touch Diamond)
Carrier: Sprint

lawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to lawmangrant Send a message via MSN to lawmangrant Send a message via Yahoo to lawmangrant Send a message via Skype™ to lawmangrant

Quote:

You still have to use the phone to fast forward and what not.... A2DP is a headphone standard for bluetooth....
It is not a control standard, meaning, not playback controls.

But it is still pretty nice to stream my Sirius through my cellphone's bluetooth connection.
PLAN:
Everything450, w/ unlimited mobile to mobile[B]

Need Dropbox? Use my referral here!
Old 01-19-2009, 08:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul and Touch Pro

crazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to crazychef Send a message via Skype™ to crazychef

USE THR WIRE!! using bluetooth will only drain the already touchy battery faster.
"Lose?..I Dont Lose!.....I Win.....I Win.....Im a Lawyer, Thats My Job and Thats What I Do" -Keanu Reeves "Devils Advocate"
Old 01-19-2009, 08:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

r1_rydah is keeping up the good workr1_rydah is keeping up the good workr1_rydah is keeping up the good work

you can control the touch pro mp3 via the headunit, just make sure the headunit has a2dp as well as avrcp... I never worry about battery drain because my phone is always on the charger while its in the vehicle...

bt sounds better than a fm transmitter, but not as good as a line in connection... once you go bt, wires seem like too much of a hassle...
Old 01-19-2009, 09:23 PM
i like turtles
Threadstarter

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmangrant View Post
You still have to use the phone to fast forward and what not.... A2DP is a headphone standard for bluetooth....
It is not a control standard, meaning, not playback controls.

But it is still pretty nice to stream my Sirius through my cellphone's bluetooth connection.
Holy crap I didnt even think about Sirius on my phone. I have a Sirius adapter thing i got for christmas, but I have to pay to have it installed. Is there any downside to using sirius on the phone rather than the radio controller thing?
Old 01-19-2009, 09:27 PM
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1_rydah View Post
you can control the touch pro mp3 via the headunit, just make sure the headunit has a2dp as well as avrcp... I never worry about battery drain because my phone is always on the charger while its in the vehicle...

bt sounds better than a fm transmitter, but not as good as a line in connection... once you go bt, wires seem like too much of a hassle...
the only problem is that when the pro gets hot,it won't charge.i have 2 chargers and you can go so far before it overheats.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

r1_rydah is keeping up the good workr1_rydah is keeping up the good workr1_rydah is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr8820 View Post
the only problem is that when the pro gets hot,it won't charge.i have 2 chargers and you can go so far before it overheats.
I'm one of the lucky few, that can stream & charge at the same time... I don't do much a2dp audio, but I do, do about 3-4 hrs of internet radio, xm, and slingbox a day, and never manage to kill the battery... I carry a spare oem battery just in case, but never need it...
Old 01-20-2009, 02:25 AM
i like turtles
Threadstarter

I'm thinking of going with the BT2600 from sony. I know some people here said they dont like sony, but since I've always had a factory radio, I won't know any better.

I'll post a review of sorts when I get everything in and working.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro