PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Clock and battery removal from task bar (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=53721)

Kezzerxir 01-18-2009 01:33 PM

Clock and battery removal from task bar

So the issue here is that I have the VistaHide battery gauge installed and the white flip clock. I've been trying to remove the battery icon, which I can do, but then it turns into the clock. I've searched low and how and basically found this setting for the registry.

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\ShowTitleBarClock = 2

which is suppose to equal nothing, but the blasted clock is still there.

Does any know how to get this removed? I've also tried the TBOpt=0 and it will remove the battery but leave only half of my cell tower icon there.

darren.wlsn1 01-18-2009 01:58 PM

Re: Clock and battery removal from task bar

why not just leave the batery icon there, im confussed.

Kezzerxir 01-18-2009 02:16 PM

Because I have the VistaHide gauge battery meter installed. It puts a continuous color gradient in the top 3 pixels of the screen to show your battery level. Having the standard meter is redundent.

reeg420 01-18-2009 02:31 PM

I know what your saying Im in the same boat.

In diamond tweak you can turn both off and it works with the regular taskbar icons.

But here is where I run into trouble, I use wkTask so it has the gradient battery meter on top too. I also have some custom task icons. So having the battery meter on the taskbar is like a waste of space. I used Diamond Tweak to take both the clock and battery off the top bar but after about a half hour half of the signal icon disappears in portrait and half the signal and all of the sound icon disappear.

I turned it on so it shows only the battery when on today screen and it shows everything fine. Ive just been dealing with it.

darren.wlsn1 01-18-2009 02:39 PM

i use batti battery but dont mind the clock, i use the analog clock in task, looks better than digital one.

Darren8448 04-05-2009 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 649178)
i use batti battery but dont mind the clock, i use the analog clock in task, looks better than digital one.

can the analog image be altered??

dschoenike 04-05-2009 08:57 PM

im in the exact opposite boat (sorry to be kinda off topic) but i'd actually like to have both clock and battery. Tsowens custom taskbars are so darn nice, i hate giving one up for the other. any hints to make that possible without messing up the screen orientation? i heard trying to have both does that. sorry for hijacking your thread a lil. ill give ya a thanks.
dschoenike