PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   some q need answers please (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=53707)

jacksh 01-18-2009 11:32 AM

some q need answers please

Hi :
I just started browsing this site about a week ago , and I tried to find the information I need , since I got my HTC pro ( 2 weeks ago) , but no luck yet.

My first q is : I downloaded the Google maps , but it can't detect my place , it says it can't locate me !

The same happened with Amaze GPS , each time i use it , it says that i am somewhere is USA ( iam in Canada) .

Is there any modification i have to do in order to make those GPS software work properly ?
I have to say that the NAV comes with the original Rom works perfectly .

I need u help guys , so please eather tell me , or direct me where to find the answers .

Thanks

Dr.8820 01-18-2009 11:34 AM

Re: some q need answers please

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacksh (Post 648791)
Hi :
I just started browsing this site about a week ago , and I tried to find the information I need , since I got my HTC pro ( 2 weeks ago) , but no luck yet.

My first q is : I downloaded the Google maps , but it can't detect my place , it says it can't locate me !

The same happened with Amaze GPS , each time i use it , it says that i am somewhere is USA ( iam in Canada) .

Is there any modification i have to do in order to make those GPS software work properly ?

I need u help guys , so please eather tell me , or direct me where to find the answers .

Thanks

do you have the latest version of google maps?

scrosler 01-18-2009 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacksh (Post 648791)
Hi :

Thanks

you should probably not have posted this to the upgrade forums. Ask Mods to delete or move to genreal forum and you will get alot more help alot faster. Not everyone comes in here.

But on the same note I would check to make sure your location settings are turned on in the phone options applet.

I dont know much about the bell version but I dont thik you have lokced GPS liek we verison users HAD thanks to lllboredlll

By the way, if youa re thiking of using his fix, DONT. Its not meant for your phone. Just thought i would tell you that and save you many hours of agony.

darren.wlsn1 01-18-2009 11:38 AM

this google maps works perfect, also has street view. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=48462

jacksh 01-18-2009 11:54 AM

Yea , I should post it here , can the mods move it to the general forum please.
and thanks for you answers

Tibman 01-18-2009 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacksh (Post 648827)
Yea , I should post it here , can the mods move it to the general forum please.
and thanks for you answers

there are a couple things you should check,
under the settings open the phone option,
then services and open location settings and make sure it is turned on.
next run quick gps and make sure it downloads.
last find out which port and what bitrate your phones rom is running its gps through, ex. my phone uses com 4 and a bit rate of 4800.
when you know these things open google maps, click on menue then options then gps settings. click configure gps manually and imput the settings you just found. good luck, hope that helps

CozBoogie 01-20-2009 01:40 PM

Moved to the general Touch Pro Forum.

late,
Coz

sportster44 01-20-2009 07:34 PM

I also have a Bell touch Pro and the GPS isn't locked. I haven't tried Google maps, but the GPS works fine with Windows Live search, Garmin XT and Destinator 7. Tibman posted some great tips on going through your settings to ensure everything is working.

jacksh 02-28-2009 10:57 PM

thanks guys for all the information you gave me . And iam sorry i didn;t answer for a long time , i was busy , working days and nights , he he.

where i can get the germin xt software from , or the destinator ?
Tibman : how can i see the what com my cell uses for GPS ?
thanks

robby37 02-28-2009 11:06 PM

did you click on use gps and then bottom left of screen has little button you click that has it automaticly update your position
if i helped give me a thanks