PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2009, 09:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

teamvarsity87 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch pro will not turn on!!

Sorry it took so long to reply, I had to work all day. Well I had my parents take it to Best Buy for me today as I am on their plan and they offered to exchange it for me but they did not have any in stock. They were able to find one at another local Best Buy store(like half an hour away which i don't mind) and that store is holding it for me till tommorow when I can go and get it. I am currently at my girlfriends house so I don't have my phone but I will try some of the advice you guys gave me. I honesty think it is a problem with the battery or the charger because when I plug it into the wall the charge light comes on for a few seconds then goes off and doesn't come back on. It seems to me like its out of power (my intuition on these kinda things are usually wrong though). My parents told them that at Best Buy but the guy said it wasn't that. I am going to have them try to battery from the new phone tommorow at the other Best Buy just to make sure (I don't feel like having to redo everything and other than this its a great phone). Thanks for your guys help though.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

teamvarsity87 is a n00b

Went to Best Buy and they exchanged my phone. This phone seems to run a little faster than my old. Hopefully I found one that works for a while...
Old 01-20-2009, 08:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: LX400

ErinatSprint is a n00b

Hi, I’m Erin, a Sprint-Nextel techsupport rep.

Teamvarsity, if you bought it from Best Buy then you should be able to bring it back to Best Buy.

Scrosler, try pulling the battery out. If it does it again, then either the batter y or the phone needs to be replaced.

If you bought your phone from Sprint, and it is less than 30 days old, contact the Defective Phone Team at (877)697-9584 and they will get you a brand new one. If it’s between 30 days and 1 year old, you can either contact the manufacturer or an authorized repair center, which you can locate on the store locator at http://storelocator.sprint.com/SL2/Default.aspx If there is no repair center in your area, scroll down to the bottom of the screen and use the Self Service Phone Replacement aka Advance Exchange. If you have the Total Equipment Protection plan, there will be no charge to replace it at a repair center or through Advance Exchange. If you don’t have TEP, there will be a warranty deductible. The repair center or Advance Exchange will get you a refurbished phone. If the phone is out of warranty, over 1 year old, you can still use the Advance Exchange or go to a repair center but there will be a charge. If the phone is out of warranty you can call Sprint at (88211-4727 and have a rep check to see if you are eligible for an upgrade, or you can check it yourself on your sprint.com account. Thanks for choosing Sprint-Nextel!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro