PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2009, 12:37 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!
Carrier: Sprint

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch pro will not turn on!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
DUDE THIS IS WEIRD!

My phone just powered down on its own!

Like an hour ago!

Im not making this up and I am not joking! I just had to power it back up with power button.

WTF???? Y2k09?????

This is really spooky!

I am gonna link this thread to my thread in the upgrades foruym and ask my ROM users if they saw this.

Could it be carrier shut down command or possibly strange coincidence?
I think your batt went dead and you didn't know it
Old 01-18-2009, 12:44 PM
Gatornator

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassy2classy View Post
I was told my sprint representative that the backlight should remain on for 30 seconds.
Not sure how true that is.
As soon as mine comes on I blink and it's back off.
I have not had the luxury of enjoying this phone that I waited for since I purchased it on 12/19.
Each phone has had it's own issue.
I changed Best Buy stores because I was convinced the first store had crappy phones.
But today is my last day and really don't know what to do.
My only complaint since I've had this one for maybe 2 weeks is...that backlight that I can live with and the fact that it froze this morning.
I'm just wondering what will happen on the 20th...maybe I shouldn't wonder that.

Any suggestions....keep it or return it???????????????
There are posts in here about the back light going off in 7 seconds and how crappy that is. Mine shuts off at 7 seconds as well. They have tried to modify it with no luck either.

Mine froze ONCE like that when I first got it and it hasn't happened since. All I did was pull the batt and it came back on then I did a hard reset to make sure it wasn't some sort of conflict. Is it running fine now?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-18-2009, 12:49 PM
Lurker

sassy2classy is a n00b

Thanks, I was just really trying to avoid doing a hard reset.
Gezzz....I will have to re-do all that work again.
Dang!!!!
Old 01-18-2009, 12:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator352 View Post
I think your batt went dead and you didn't know it
Ahahahahahaha Your funny. No man, Im serious. And to be honest with you this has happaned before but I thought it was imagination. For real. This is odd.

Donations always accepted but never expected!
Old 01-18-2009, 12:54 PM
Lurker

sassy2classy is a n00b

Rotflmao....I thought his comment was funny also.

Well I guess I will keep this phone....I SURE HOPE I DON'T REGRET IT.
Old 01-18-2009, 12:55 PM
Gatornator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
Ahahahahahaha Your funny. No man, Im serious. And to be honest with you this has happaned before but I thought it was imagination. For real. This is odd.
It could be the cooked rom your running? Did it do that when it was stock?
Old 01-18-2009, 01:01 PM
Gatornator

Quote:
Rotflmao....I thought his comment was funny also.

Well I guess I will keep this phone....I SURE HOPE I DON'T REGRET IT.
Listen...this is what I do......let it run down to 0% and die (so as to calibrate the batt meter)....charge it for 15 minutes and perform a hard reset, let it go through the whole process and completely start. Shut phone off. Then charge it for 8 hours continuously. Li-ion batts don't have a memory effect and it's not good to run to 0% all the time, just like once a month or so.
Old 01-18-2009, 01:08 PM
VIP Member

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
It could be the cooked rom your running? Did it do that when it was stock?
It could be my own cooked ROM, yes. But highly unlikely.

I vaugley remember this happening on stock ONE time. But then I had to use soft reset. And to be honest with you I think it happaned on the FIRST TP I had. This current it the seccond. I really dont recall the specific from back then though.

Kinda wish I made note of now...

But on the same note.. I really dont have any of the other issues other people report.... Now that could be for one of two reaons...

My phone is actually decent.... Or... I juust dont notice the little particulars as well as other people.

I did however get hot as hell one single time. But not again.
Old 01-18-2009, 01:15 PM
Lurker

sassy2classy is a n00b

Quote:
Listen...this is what I do......let it run down to 0% and die (so as to calibrate the batt meter)....charge it for 15 minutes and perform a hard reset, let it go through the whole process and completely start. Shut phone off. Then charge it for 8 hours continuously. Li-ion batts don't have a memory effect and it's not good to run to 0% all the time, just like once a month or so.
Bare with me....I don't really understand all the in's and outs.
I can barely figure out how to work this website.

But anyway....what is exactly is your suggestion suppose to accomplish??
Thanks in advance for your patience.
Old 01-18-2009, 01:20 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Bare with me....I don't really understand all the in's and outs.
I can barely figure out how to work this website.

But anyway....what is exactly is your suggestion suppose to accomplish??
Thanks in advance for your patience.
These battiers sorta kinda calibrate themsleves... When you run them down, as stated in your owner manual, and let them charge up a couple times it increases battery life as the battery "learns" its real capacity.

Dont thank in advance thank in realtime using the thanks button ;c)
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro